PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the right blade

PPS, Inc.
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I have a 36" Exmark TTHP. I bought the mower used and it had a mulching kit installed. It originally had gator blades on it that were shot, and my local dealer said to used high lift standard blades. I was hoping someone could tell me if the gator blades will cut better than the standard high lift mulching blades?

HighGrass
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I use standard lift straight blades and it works fine for me. If you are going with a none mulching blade, maybe take the mulch kit off, otherwise go with either a gator or high lift gator.

rocksrscott
06-05-2010, 11:07 PM
If you leave the mulch kit on stay with Gator blades or mulching blades.
If you take the mulch kit off stay with Gator blades. You may want to switch from Gator to high lift if you cut a lot of wet grass, that seems to be the only downfall I have heard of on the Gator Blades.
In Central Ohio I run Gator blades all the time, with and without a Mulch Kit.
If you have a lot of tree leaves in the fall the Gator is what you will want to use then.

ronmowers
06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Oregon makes a combination blade called a 3-1n-1 mulcher. We get a lot of positive feed back from our customers that use them. Mulching works best when the grass is kept short. That will keep the grass from building up and allow it to become better mulch. Good luck.