PDA

View Full Version : Wright Sentar and Stander Cut Quality Help

GreenGuysNC
06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I am looking into possibly purchasing a wright sentar 52 or a stander rh 52. I demoed a 36" sentar and the cut was not even as good as my 2000 great dane super surfer. I would like to hear from some people who own these mowers or have owned them about the cut they experienced from them. I've searched the forum and I have a hard time finding comments from people who actually own them talking about the cut. I am also interested in how they stripe factory. Thanks!

Weekendwrench
06-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I replaced my walk behind with a stander Rapid height this year and I think the cut quality sux too. Mine is a 19hp/52” and is way under powered! I am thinking of replacing the motor with a 25 kaw or buying a Scag V-ride or Zero turn with a velocity deck. I hear nothing but great things about them.

Ron's TLL
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I have an older 52" fixed deck. I just now, after a long time, have it cutting adiquately. First, make sure the engine is spinning fast enough. Adjust the plate the throttle is attached to down as far as she'll go and check rpm. 3650-3700 with the blades on. second, make sure you have at least 1/4" pitch, 1/2" might be better. High lift blades are a must. Double blades, high lift and Gators seem to work ok. If you have the 19hp Kaw, change or modify the throttle plate so it opens fully. The mower should cut well up to 6-8mph. Nothing like a sit down Z-turn, but ok.

Oakleaf landscape
06-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I got a new Stander ZK this year with the 27hp/52" and I haven't managed to bog it down yet. Cut quality is amazing.

GreenGuysNC
06-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I replaced my walk behind with a stander Rapid height this year and I think the cut quality sux too. Mine is a 19hp/52” and is way under powered! I am thinking of replacing the motor with a 25 kaw or buying a Scag V-ride or Zero turn with a velocity deck. I hear nothing but great things about them.

Thanks for all the responses I am going to demo a scag v-ride this week and will let you know how that goes compared to my sentar demo.

mschriho
06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Try using a bobcat style drop blade or adding spacers between the spindle and the blade. You want the cutting edge of the blade to be as close to level with the leading edge of the blade to produce the best cut.

Ron's TLL
06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Try using a bobcat style drop blade or adding spacers between the spindle and the blade. You want the cutting edge of the blade to be as close to level with the leading edge of the blade to produce the best cut.

???? Isn't the cutting edge the leading edge? Possibly you mean something different?

mschriho
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Im sorry about that. You are correct. I was trying to say the leading edge of the deck.

Toro 44
09-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey Ron's TLL,

Did you do anything else to get your stander cutting well, or did you list it all previously?

Thanks in advance.