PDA

View Full Version : Got me a new Kawi String Trimmer

SCAPEASAURUSREX
07-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Hey , Just picked up a new trimmer , small one, but does the job ,, I beat this decision to death and finally went with the Kawisaki.. Got the K23 something or other... Its got the 22.5 cc engine... ... I like it .... It's very light, easy to handle and seems to have the power to cut it... They put a larger loop handle which seem s to be more comfortable Than others I have tried.. Very low vibration, Kawi did a good job at isolating it ! And QUIET.. Real quiet, I cant start it with ear plugs in cause I cant tell if it s on or not ..LOL.. I'm serious .... I cannot believe how quiet this thing is... You hear the wind noise of the string line spinning over the engine at all RPM ranges... It's amazing... The gas tank looks really small compared to other brands, And I though i was gonna have a problem with that .. But It does not need a bigger tank , cause it must use about an 1/8th of the fuel of my Red max 2300... I got mine from LESCO... I am happy with it .. we shall see how it fair s the rest of the season...

dlandscaping
07-16-2002, 10:30 PM
ditto on the quiet machine ive got the 25.4cc one and it is light easy on fuel. the tank may look small but i read it is same size as my echo 2601. it bogs a little in thick stuff but overall i like it. that big handle comes in handy when edging too. good luck with it.

gorrell
07-17-2002, 12:40 AM
Chris, I've bought 3 of the KBL23A trimmers online for $195 including shipping and I absolutely love them. I've probably got nearly every trimmer made except Echo and Stihl, and these definitely have the best horsepower to weight ratio that I've yet to come across. You've made a good choice.......Lynn

SCAPEASAURUSREX
07-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Lynn, Where did you find them that cheap ?? I paid $260 for mine.. ugh.. But it was still cheaper than the Red Max !

MikeLT1Z28
07-17-2002, 12:37 PM
according to their paperwork the tank is bigger than a stihl. i was comparing them the other day actually. also i think their middle one is about a pound lighter too.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
07-17-2002, 05:28 PM
the 23 is 9 lbs, with out fuel, and the 26 is 9.9 or something like that.. I have been running the Red Max 2300's and they are 22.5 cc , I got the 22.5 cc kawi and the only differance I notice is that the Kawi is about 3 lbs lighter ... and uses alot less fuel...The one thing I noticed that may be cheaper is that the kawi uses a plastic clutch housing or shield, where the RM is cast.. That may be where the weight savings is ?? DOnt know if that effects longevity or quality , But I'm lovin this kawi more and more.....