PDA

View Full Version : Strange remark from a fellow LCO??

MikeKle
06-06-2010, 01:09 AM
I stopped at a gas station to put air in a trailer tire, went in the store to get change and came back out and there was another truck and trailer parked right next to me, the guy says, Are you Mike klein, I say, yeah, how do you know me? He goes on to say he went to school with my younger sister, and he knew I had a silver dodge. He had two flat trailer tires as well. So we get to talking, and comparing mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc. He loved my HUGE ferris with the custom air filter set up. He had a old toro WB and 2 cub cadet WBs, he said he only had 13 yards total, but he had 2 employees with him? I asked him how many he did today, he said they got 5 done, and acted like that was a big deal? All 3 were worn out and sweating like crazy too??? So I am taking off and ask him if he has any more yards to get done tonight, and he said, well, thats confidential, but I will be working all weekend. He was serious too!!!??? I still cant figure out what he meant by being confidential? I told him I had 3 more to do. Anyone want to take a guess?

Fireguy97
06-06-2010, 01:15 AM
If I was that slow and out of shape. I wouldn't want to tell you either!! lol!

Mick

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:20 AM
He really hasn't got a clue what he's doing and just trying to act like he's someone important. I wouldn't put much thought into it.
Posted via Mobile Device

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:22 AM
His whole weekend probably consists of a 5 yard mulch job.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeKle
06-06-2010, 01:28 AM
He was also telling me he had to keep another job for the winter, but how could anyone survive on 13 yards during the spring and summer anyway? Well, maybe they are all huge $500. properties?

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:38 AM
With two employees to boot. They must be pretty big yards!!!!

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:39 AM
I just noticed that you were in nky too. I can assure you it wasn't me!

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Those people come and go by the dozens every year.

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Maybe all of his yards are on Saddleridge in burlington?

MikeKle
06-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Maybe all of his yards are on Saddleridge in burlington?

Yeah, when I first saw you were from nky, I kinda got nervous it might be you I ran into earlier..awkward!! Saddleridge is that subdivision off weaver road..right? I know a guy who had a chance to bid on all the public grass areas in that subdivision. he didnt get it, but found out the guy who did is getting $75K per year for it! Where are most of your yards btw? I am mostly in erlanger, florence, ft mitchell, independence. What kind of truck and trailer do you have? trying to figure out if Ive seen you around town or not.

jasonnau
06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
check your pm's

joshnwright
06-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey guys Im in NKY to Ammon-Jones landscape just wanting to drop a line its nice to talk to ppl around here

JoeHop6299
06-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Sounds like that guy just started out, I reminder when I thought 5 or 7 yards in one day was alot, and yea it also kicked my but too becaused everything was done with a w/b.