PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a PET-2100DX tachometer

Pennington Lawncare
06-06-2010, 01:37 AM
I have been doing some research and a Japanese company called Oppama makes the "Pulse Engine Tachometer" and they have several different models. Echo is a distributor of them as well. I've seen some listed at various lawn mower parts websites and I was wondering if any of you can get these any cheaper. I think the latest model may be a PET-2100DXR. Thanks for any help.

PS. I already know about Tiny Tach's and ordered one the other day. The PET is a higher end tachometer that refreshes more often.

Richard Martin
06-06-2010, 03:53 AM
They are prohibitively expensive for every day use. At $275 I would keep mine in my tool box and only get it out if I was doing diagnostic work.

Pennington Lawncare
06-06-2010, 09:21 AM
That's the strange thing, I've found a PET-2100 tach at a few lawn mowing type websites and they are around $150 or less but, I'm not sure if they are a 2100DX/DXR or just a 2100 and I don't know if there is any difference. The lawn mowing sites where I saw the prices didn't have a picture of the tach. I just don't know. I did e-mail one of the sites though and the DX will probably be on the front of the tach.