PDA

View Full Version : Dealers/Shops

dougdm
06-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I was wondering, what many of you fine business people do when you need parts and etc. Do you stick to one dealer or do you shop around or go to the closest one that the time. There are about 5 different shops around me, all of which are good companies, not new fly by nights outfits. I have been going around and buying from all of them, at my convience. In a crunch:cry: , I head to the closest one that I know has the parts needed. I was just curious what everyone else does.

Mahoney3223
06-06-2010, 02:32 PM
i have to go to two separate ones because I run scag/gravely/exmark.walker....not one dealer handles all of them...i also play them against each other on my STIHL equip to get a better price, but hey don't clients do that with LCOs? :)....other wise for parts i will get them online if i can

mowerbrad
06-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I go to ONE dealer for everything, from parts to repairs. It does help that this one dealer carries both brands I use (Deere and Stihl). I try to stick to one dealer, if I go there for most everything I need (new equipment, parts, service) I know that they will be there to help me when I need it. It really helps to build a good relationship with a dealer.

STL Cuts
06-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I was wondering, what many of you fine business people do when you need parts and etc. Do you stick to one dealer or do you shop around or go to the closest one that the time. There are about 5 different shops around me, all of which are good companies, not new fly by nights outfits. I have been going around and buying from all of them, at my convience. In a crunch:cry: , I head to the closest one that I know has the parts needed. I was just curious what everyone else does.

St. Louis does have a good supply of dealers. For me, I have had real good luck with Milbradt Lawn Equipment (about a 15 minute drive, but they are Exmark dealers and really know their stuff, I went there when I was running Exmarks), and Scotts Power Equipment is legit too. The best thing about them is their 24 hr. turnaround (if they can't fix it in 24 hr. they give you a mower to use off the showroom floor). A couple weeks ago I got some new blades I ordered online and of course, J Thomas sent the wrong blades :hammerhead:

I called Scotts Power and they didn't have any in stock, but they said to swing by and they could yank the blades off of a floor model...That's customer service :cool2:

dougdm
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm out St Charles way and have had great luck at Western Lawn, Bills, Harvester Small, and also Millbradt. I have a toro ztr and an exmark wb, so harvester and milbradt are good for those parts, but Bills has been great for tires (replacing casters and cheaper) and service work. Wow I've never been to Scotts though, thought about it, just never around there when their open.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
A couple weeks ago I got some new blades I ordered online and of course, J Thomas sent the wrong blades :hammerhead:

I called Scotts Power and they didn't have any in stock, but they said to swing by and they could yank the blades off of a floor model...That's customer service :cool2:

what mower are you running?(i assume a snapper pro or ferris) most dealers can cross a blade by center hole and diameter, and many brands run the same size blades:waving:

milkie62
06-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I usually just get OEM specific from the dealer.Bearings I get from local bearing distributor.I try to see if I can swap over to a NAPA belt if possible

STL Cuts
06-07-2010, 12:23 AM
St. Louis does have a good supply of dealers. For me, I have had real good luck with Milbradt Lawn Equipment (about a 15 minute drive, but they are Exmark dealers and really know their stuff, I went there when I was running Exmarks), and Scotts Power Equipment is legit too. The best thing about them is their 24 hr. turnaround (if they can't fix it in 24 hr. they give you a mower to use off the showroom floor). A couple weeks ago I got some new blades I ordered online and of course, J Thomas sent the wrong blades :hammerhead:

That particular day I was using a 36" Ferris. I run that and a 52" Scag (frieking beast :weightlifter:)

meets1
06-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Depends where your at. In rural area as I - one dealer about every 20 miles or so. Maybe a few repair shops but that is it. I buy online or go straight to the dealer's source of parts and order directly. Cut the middle man - money is money . Major repairs I bring to the shop. But I am doing more and more in house and most equipment is new so warrenty kicks in for that one.