PDA

View Full Version : Hunter systems

ipm
07-16-2002, 10:33 PM
I recently finished a project and it included a irr. syst. I am going to try to explain this a simple as I can. If you are facing the front of the house the grade is lower on the right and higher on the left. There are a couple of zones on the left side of the drive and 1 zone on the right(this zone has only 2 heads). What is happening is when the system shuts off, the 2 heads on the right are draining the lines of the whole system. Well, this is causing a big problem(mud etc). Is there any way to prevent this or should I nix the heads on the right all together?

greasemonkey
07-16-2002, 11:14 PM
I would add a check valve to the inlet of each of these heads....an HCV - hunter check valve should work it's an inline check valve designed to remedy elevation draining problems I think it's good for upto 10 feet of elevation change.....if the heads that are causin g you problenms are rotary heads you could consider replacing them with hunter I20's w/ check valves built in (I20-ADV), I think the hunter catalog say's they're good for up to 20 feet of elevation change..a pgp may also be available w/ the check valve (PGP-ADV), but the weaker spring in the pgp causes it to not be as effective against residual pressure as the I20.

-J

ipm
07-17-2002, 09:47 PM
I will try that. Thank you!