PDA

View Full Version : Quick, easy quickbooks question

RedSox4Life
06-06-2010, 02:30 PM
To all the quickbooks users;
I can't figure out how to set it up so that each customers lawn mowing rate fills in automatically when I plug in that service item. I know it's got to be pretty simple, i'm just a computer idiot.

lawn
06-06-2010, 04:55 PM
To all the quickbooks users;
I can't figure out how to set it up so that each customers lawn mowing rate fills in automatically when I plug in that service item. I know it's got to be pretty simple, i'm just a computer idiot.

what QB version do you have? I just updated to 2010 which I hated to spend so much money when I am putting my business for sale. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

RedSox4Life
06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
QB Pro 2009

fl-landscapes
06-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Im not in front of that computer but when you put your services into your quick books you can set rates for each one. Because things like mowing change from one customer to another (price) I just right click on the invoice they have in the system and select "duplicate invoice", change the date, add anything if you need too, print.

ealbertson
07-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Goto or create the invoice you want to duplicate each week. Once it is the way you want it with it still up click on edit then select memorize invoice. Then when you are ready to create a new invoice press and hold the control key and press T. A list of all the invoices you have memorized will come up. Double click on the one you want. This will create the invoice with that days date on it. This has saved me a ton of time over the years.

Roger
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
You will need to be more explicit in what you are trying to do.

ealbertson has given you a suggestion for duplicate invoices. That may satisfy your needs if you are making a separate invoice for every task.

I do not create a separate invoice for each task, just one invoice for the month. I start an invoice at the beginning of the month, make an entry for the first work of the month, and then SAVE. Next time I do work for that account, such as weekly grass mowing, I bring back to invoice and add a second entry, and SAVE. I do this procedure for all work done during the month. When the month is finished, I PRINT (or e-mail) the invoice, and mark it PENDING.

For every entry, I created an ITEM list, and a sub-list. For example, I have an ITEM called Grass Cutting. I've created sub-items under this heading, one for every customer. The creation of the sub-item includes the rate information for that customer. For example, I may have a sub-entry called MOWABC, with an associated rate of $40.00, taxable. When I make the entry for that piece of work, I start the entry as MOWA ... and the choices come to the screen. I choose the right one, and am always assured of having the correct rate for that particular customer. The rate is filled in at the appropriate place on the entry when I make the choice. I'm never entering a rate when creating an invoice, or modifying it with additional work entries.

To summarize, make an ITEM entry, with sub-entries for each customer. The rate will be supplied on the invoice for you.

RedSox4Life
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Roger,
Thats a pretty clever way of doing it, thank you.