PDA

View Full Version : hustler super z

moaboy
06-08-2010, 05:51 AM
just bought a new hustler super z , 31hp kawa, 60"rear discharge deck, what a beast. The only problem is lifting the deck manually, so wondering if anyone has experience with the hydraulic lifter that is available from the dealer.

mowerconsultant
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
This kit has been out for a few years now, it works great, easy to install and easy to operate.
Congrats on the new ride! and welcome to the Hustler family!!

Pj

gc66
06-15-2010, 05:08 AM
just bought a new hustler super z , 31hp kawa, 60"rear discharge deck, what a beast. The only problem is lifting the deck manually, so wondering if anyone has experience with the hydraulic lifter that is available from the dealer.

why are you having trouble lifting manually?

mowerconsultant
06-15-2010, 11:35 PM

The rear discharge decks are heavier than the same size decks with side discharge.

Pj

gc66
06-16-2010, 03:01 AM
don't hold me to this because i'm not absolutely sure, but i think there is a spring or two that can be tightened for more pressure and the deck weight diminished at the pedal. better run that by one of the tech's first tho. i thought you may be having my issue,,, when the drive levers are pushed forward and engaged, i can't get my foot up on top of the lift pedal, my knee is hitting the underside of the drive lever and prohibiting it. i have to spin a quarter turn to the right in the seat and get my toe on the end of the pedal and try to get enough pressure on it to lift and by then there's usually something flying out from under the deck that shouldn't be. that lift pedal really needs some range of adjust-ability but that's next to impossible when it's welded in. ive thought about a steel sleeve with a set screw to slide over existing foot pedal with an offset tab welded on the end of it running toward the front of the mower and then another pedal welded onto the tab.? it brings it over toward the center of the mower a little far unless i cut some of the length off the existing pedal but i really DON'T want to do that. either that or drop 500 for the auto lift,,, which you have to work with your hand,,, that's already busy steering,,, while your foot sets there unemployed wishing it could get up on that pedal!!! or they could just offer an optional bracket for adults.

moaboy
06-16-2010, 03:40 AM
my leg gets tired. I also run a kubota zd21 so have been spoilt with the hydraulic lifter. On some properties you need to lift and lower the deck (over rocks etc) which the manual lifting with my leg can't do because of the weight.