PDA

View Full Version : Sport Throttle Cable Binding

lawnstriper23
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Any ideas how to fix a throttle cable that is sticking? This issue just started to happen last night when I was cooling Sporto down after mowing. I just got done mowing and I usually throttle down the engine to "cool down" a bit before turnin it off. Well, the throttle lever keeps binding up about half way and I am unable to throttle all the way down.
Hopefully this makes sense. I will snap some pix if necessary. I am trying to fix it myself as it is a pain in the arse to load up Sporto on the trailer to drag it up to the dealer.

mowerconsultant
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Any ideas how to fix a throttle cable that is sticking? This issue just started to happen last night when I was cooling Sporto down after mowing. I just got done mowing and I usually throttle down the engine to "cool down" a bit before turnin it off. Well, the throttle lever keeps binding up about half way and I am unable to throttle all the way down.
Hopefully this makes sense. I will snap some pix if necessary. I am trying to fix it myself as it is a pain in the arse to load up Sporto on the trailer to drag it up to the dealer.

Please email me a pic of where you think it is binding .

lawnstriper23
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Not too sure where it is binding. I know the throttle lever doesn't want to stay in the lowest idle position. I will snap some pix next time Sporto is out..

lawnstriper23
06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Fixed it :)
Must have backed into something because the throttle plate was bend a bit and was rubbing againest the choke plate. All fixed and now it's time for a :drinkup:

Sport42
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I always thought lowering throttle on an air cooled engine ran them hotter, and they ran the coolest on full throttle?

I have also heard mixed advice on at what rpm or throttle to shut off the mower...

mowerconsultant
06-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh... gotta be careful, next time you will know.

Pj