PDA

View Full Version : Advices???

Irwin97
06-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Howdy everyone,

Hope the season's going good for everyone. Things' good on our end. I got one question I would like to ask ya all and see what your advice is or feedback on this.

We did one job for a client of our - additional top soil to previous job. We put down 7.5 yard of top soil and added hay on top of it along with grass seeds.

The problem is: The client didn't keep up with maintance and etc - the weeds start to pop up and are growing out of control.

On our contract - we agree to the job as following: Add top soil, hay and grass seed. There's nothing on contract on follow up or maintance or so forth.

Question is - What should we do about this since the client is putting blame on us for weed growing out of control and feel that it is our job to come and pull weed out and reseed the area for no charge.

Thanks for your time + thanks for your feedback/advice if so!

Jb3NH
06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
First things first, hay contains seeds. Hey it's grown outside, in a hayfield. I hope your customer understands that, vs. say straw, or anyother type of water retaining mulching agent. But ya,*anyhow, that would be something i would suggest writing up a seperate work order for. You are preforming a service and your time and expertise is valuable.

Be good to your customer, but you have to make money to survive.

stan the man
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
all lawn repair i do it is up to them to keep watered if i have to do it i charge them for that