PDA

View Full Version : EXMARK lazer Z vs. HP

Navig8r
07-17-2002, 08:41 PM
I was at an Exmark dealer today (actually there to look at a blower) and he tells me that Exmark has a financing incentive right now (through Sheffield) for NO payments or interest until April 2003 !!
I've been figurin' on buying a ZTR in the spring anyway, so I think I may do that now.

My Question is This:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Lazer Z HP ??

I think w/the 52" deck, this would be my best investment (for the $$) as opposed to the $1200.00 or so more for a 60" Z.....

Any Thoughts ?????

Thanks in advance
:)

TLS
07-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Intrest starts calculating NOW! Make sure your ready to pay it off in APRIL, or else you get hammered with intrest from now till then!

What do you need, a 60" or a 52"?

Don't let price dictate what you need or want. This is a money making tool, an investment. Buy what you need, not what you "think" you can afford!

jaredslawncare
07-17-2002, 10:08 PM
I beg to differ, I recently bought an Hp and I got the April 03 plan and its no interest no payments same as chas til apr. 03'-Although i just got it back from the dealer today becuase it was burning a little rich and they told me there is nothing wrong, so i said "well then why the h*** is the plugs black as black can be, its only got 14hrs on it". O well i suppose ill look at it tommrow. I had a day and a half of downtime with only 1 mower, tommrows gonna be bad.

Jared's Lawn Maintenance

A lot more for a lot less

65hoss
07-18-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Navig8r
Does anyone have any opinions on the Lazer Z HP ??

I think w/the 52" deck, this would be my best investment (for the $$) as opposed to the $1200.00 or so more for a 60" Z.....

Any Thoughts ?????

Thanks in advance
:)

Usually I've seen the 52" HP for the same price or more than a 60" Lazer.

I love the HP. Its a workhorse. The 52" has the same speed as the full size lazer, but a smaller footprint to get into those tight areas. The low center of gravity makes it very good on hills. The 52" HP is the best of both worlds.

awm
07-18-2002, 08:47 AM
i love the hp also . just think ,when it grows up ,itll be a full grown lazer.:D :D :D

65hoss
07-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by awm
i love the hp also . just think ,when it grows up ,itll be a full grown lazer.:D :D :D

Is that when I...I mean it, gets as old as you...I mean yours, it will be full grown? :blush: :D
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Navig8r
07-18-2002, 05:38 PM
Thanks so Far !!!!!

The dealer DID say "Same as cash" 'till April 2003 !!!! :eek:

That's what grabbed my attention...

I personally feel that the 52" would be adequate for my needs... most properties in my area are over 1/2 acre, but not wide open (trees, gardens, sheds, etc...) But experience can be a cruel teacher and that's why I'm looking for opinions.... I plan on demo'ing the HP Next week (Dealer will have one then) I have run a Turf Tiger, 60", an I must say it's a nice BIG machine, but I think the HP might be more versatile........

Thanks again !!!

awm
07-18-2002, 06:44 PM
this thing gets as old as me.
i wont be worring about it either way:)
wish i knew it would last that long.
wouldnt have to have a new mower fund.

jbell
07-19-2002, 05:39 PM
I agree w/ the hoss. I have the HP 52 with a 23 horse Kohler.

Runs fast.
Great on hills.
Small footprint makes it highly maneuverable.
Also, same rugged construction as full size lazers.

Either one will be a great mower. If you cut alot of open spaces spring for the 60. If you cut in tighter spaces or residential yards, the HP is tough to beat.