PDA

View Full Version : Giant Vac Leaf Loader

forestfireguy
06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
We're in the market for a new leaf loader, one of the school districts we do work for has a pristine Giant Vac 49 HP diesel unit. We are replacing a 25 HP wisconsin powered unit that needs either extensive motor work or a new motor, anyway, I can't find an MSRP for the unit, it's advertised as a municipal machine, is about 7 yrs old, but has only 36 hours on it. And that is verified original, all it needs is tires and our color paint to be a practically new unit. Thoughts on a fair offer to the board of Ed??? Anyone with expierience with these diesel units? We were looking for a 35+ HP tow behind, I think the deal this presents is too good to pass on.............

forestfireguy
06-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Nobody????????

JCLawn and more
06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
well, just the engine i would imagine is about 3-4 thousand depending on the brand. I would guess around 10,000 new, but just call a giant vac dealer and price out a new one, and cut it in half.

JCLawn and more
06-09-2010, 11:53 PM
http://www.giant-vac.com/products/truck_loaders/heavy-duty_indistrial_tow_behind.php here is the link for it. 49 hp john deere diesel

forestfireguy
06-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I was wrong...........it's a 72 HP Kubota, 16,000 CFM and reduction of up to 15:1. Only trouble is we can't get it to turn over, seems the muffler never got the inverted coffee can in the winter and the exhaust valves are seized, we have our deisel engine guy coming to look at it tomorrow, so we'll see............

JCLawn and more
06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
holy crap! thats huge! I want to see pictures and a video of that thing running when you get it running

Darryl G
06-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Holy crud, hold onto your hat...and your shoes...and your dog!

forestfireguy
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
The guy who offered it to us said they'd take like 3-4K, company that sold it is local and says it sold for 17K in 2001 and a comparable unit now goes close to 23k...JEEZ.......it sits and takes up space in their yard. Hopefully our diesel guy can free it up and give it a clean bill of health. We will tow behind a 16 ft rack body international 4700, with the reduction rate they claim we should be able to take about 200 yards of leaves in one trip.........that would make our cleanups extremely efficient, 3 of our trucks do smaller properties and have their own vacs, 3 other do larger ones and thats where this beast will go.....paint guy we use does things on the side in our irrigation dept garage and said 250 to paint it, we'll have a guy sand/prep on a rain day add a couple tires and set it loose come fall....anybody want a cheap tow behind vac that needs work? It's a 4 cyl wisconsin which is in need work. The impeller, chute and trailer are sound, the motor runs, but has become unreliable, if you'd like to fix it up, or if you don't mind having to repair a little this or that on about a weekly basis it does suck leaves well......

forestfireguy
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Why was this moved?

JCLawn and more
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
if you could have this shipped to me for $300 I will put a geo motor in and strap this sucker on the back of my grasshopper:terribletowel:

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Keep in mind that Giant-Vac was just sold by Briggs and Stratton to Insyte Manufacturing (sp?) out of the old Murray plant. We don't sell anything that large so I'm not trying to sway you to a Billy Goat product. But I would be a little concerned about dropping that kind of money on a product that just changed ownership, may be moving as well as all the challenges that can entail.

JCLawn and more
06-11-2010, 05:47 PM
the engine parts he could get through kubota directly, I would think the 49hp model would have the same blower parts as the 72hp. maybe not.

forestfireguy
06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I will look into that, but we got it running today. Sorry no pics or video yet. It is a beast, we sucked up a whole 1" caliper sapling.........