PDA

View Full Version : Ground Ivy & wild strawberries

The Lawn Ranger CT.
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm up here in CT. and I'm having a problem with a few of my customers lawns starting to get over run with Ground Ivy (or creeping Charlie) and what seems to be wild strawberries~?~! I noticed alittle bit at the end of last yr, and put some weedkiller down but noticed it more so this year....any advice as what to put down or use to get rid of this~?

mr.lawn works
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm up here in CT. and I'm having a problem with a few of my customers lawns starting to get over run with Ground Ivy (or creeping Charlie) and what seems to be wild strawberries~?~! I noticed alittle bit at the end of last yr, and put some weedkiller down but noticed it more so this year....any advice as what to put down or use to get rid of this~?

Go to your local John Deere Landscapes or (lesco) store and get there Redzone Herbicide or there 3-way selective herbicide and mix quicksilver with it for the ground ivy

RigglePLC
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I prefer something with triclopyr in it. Also be sure to add a good surfactant--like Lesco Hawkeye. Quicksilver is great and fast for very young weeds particularly annuals and the top half-inch of more mature weeds.

PerfectEarth
06-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I prefer something with triclopyr in it.

Yup.

Try T Zone.

The Lawn Ranger CT.
06-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the quick input and info...will give those a try~!