PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for a new briggs engine

xoffers
06-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Just bought a husqvarna yth2av48ls lawn tractor with a briggs endurance v-twin engine.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowner/products/garden-tractors/yth24v48ls/

When I start it cold with choke on it takes about 10-15 sec. to fire up, problem is when engine is warm it will not restart with throttle anywhere between low to high area but it did at first, need to put it in choke area when it's warm then it starts. it will almost start in normal throttle area but catches and sputters a bit. Only 5 hours on the mower and this just started happening last 2 hours. Mower is going back to be looked at, just wanted to educate myself better before they tell me its fine.

Thanks!

rtharris
06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I have a 26 hp briggs els motor on my 2010 bad boy and it acts almost identical as to what u described cold collard but runs great
Posted via Mobile Device

xoffers
06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
thanks, so when you engine has been operated for a while do you still have to restart it with the throttle in the choke setting or will it start at low-high area ?

rtharris
06-11-2010, 11:34 AM
thanks, so when you engine has been operated for a while do you still have to restart it with the throttle in the choke setting or will it start at low-high area ?
Posted via Mobile Device

rtharris
06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
it starts near the choke position hot or cold
Posted via Mobile Device

mnglocker
06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Mine starts where ever on the throtle possition, I just need to give it a little choke.

The carbs on the ELS engines have a solinoid on the float bowl that can go bad and may be shorting your engine fuel.

rtharris
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Mine starts where ever on the throtle possition, I just need to give it a little choke.

The carbs on the ELS engines have a solinoid on the float bowl that can go bad and may be shorting your engine fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device

rtharris
06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
My ELS does not have a separate cable for the choke as urs must have i will have the solenoid checked thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

xoffers
06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
getting mine checked out, makes no sense, every power tool or mower I own starts with the use of a choke then once warmed up will start without. Don't mind using the choke but it's the sputtering while trying to start when choke is off that concerns me. otherwise when on in runs perfect?