PDA

View Full Version : What's the best place to

lawn
06-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Place an ad to sell my business?

I started with cl but i got lots of people that wasted my time. Then i posted an ad here on lawnsite.com, then i sent some fliers to landscaping companies,then i posted an ad in bizbuysell.com but no many responses.
I am wondering what should i do that i am not doing to sell my landscaping company?

ajslands
06-13-2010, 10:34 PM
i dont advertise besides my magnets on my truck, i just do a good job and word spreads and i get the jobs!

FiveOJoe
06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Place an ad to sell my business?

I started with cl but i got lots of people that wasted my time. Then i posted an ad here on lawnsite.com, then i sent some fliers to landscaping companies,then i posted an ad in bizbuysell.com but no many responses.
I am wondering what should i do that i am not doing to sell my landscaping company?

If it's a big business might be worth hiring a professional who deals in selling businesses. Not sure what kind price range you are in but selling a service based business is not that easy, especially now.

Have you considered selling it in pieces or areas if its a large business, and breaking down the equipment into smaller parcels, and then reaching out to your competition who may want to get a little bigger?

wbw
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Tell us a little about your biz. How many accounts, how much revenue etc.