PDA

View Full Version : which zero turn

zedosix
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
For you guys in the mowing business, I have a question about zero turns.

Cutting two properties, one realitively flat with lots of trees, other one hilly with trees. I've looked at and tried the John Deere 54" 7 iron series, nice but pricey, x-mark cheapo one and a lazer Z. Didn't like the cheapo one but the lazer was nice except for scalping the lawn, a bit pricey too. So if you had to choose between a good residential unit for these two properties which make is best do you think. I've looked at Toro titan and husqvarna and snapper. Budget around 5k. Thanks.

castlerockmo
06-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't know a whole lot about the titan or snappers. But I can speak for husqvarna the ez series I have ran commercial for four years now and has been good on hills. I have dixon kodiak now which is the lz series and is very good on hills. The mz is a good machine as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

TJLANDS
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
For 5k you should buy a good used commercial ZTR mower, Homeowner models will not out last even a good used commercial mower. also 5 grand would come close to buying a new Hydro 48-52 walk behind....

LawnCareNoobie
06-15-2010, 08:15 PM
For you guys in the mowing business, I have a question about zero turns.

Cutting two properties, one realitively flat with lots of trees, other one hilly with trees. I've looked at and tried the John Deere 54" 7 iron series, nice but pricey, x-mark cheapo one and a lazer Z. Didn't like the cheapo one but the lazer was nice except for scalping the lawn, a bit pricey too. So if you had to choose between a good residential unit for these two properties which make is best do you think. I've looked at Toro titan and husqvarna and snapper. Budget around 5k. Thanks.

Well, exactly which zero turn was it? There are a few different JD zero turns with that deck.

zedosix
06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
No walk behinds I do enough standing in the day, sitting only for me, thanks. The john deere was the one with 23 horse kohler cost around 8k. Not interested in that one. Want to know between the husqvarna and titan. I don't know alot about them but do know that quality cost. I should of kept my zd21 I had, but sold it years ago. It was a beauty.

ff162bfd
06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Check out Bad Boy Mowers. They are fairly new compared to others but I took a chance and that is all I will buy from now on.

http://www.badboymowers.com/

ZTR_Diesel
06-16-2010, 12:27 AM
I second the used commercial model. Be a little more brand-blind, but shop for a strong, supportive DEALER first. The after sale service & support is key.

Plenty of used commerical machines out there for that price or less, taht have been owned be a farm or other larger propety owner. These have been used (hopefully) a little less hard and should last a long time.