PDA

View Full Version : 56 Inch Lazer Z HP Underpowerd?

Darryl G
06-15-2010, 07:17 PM
I think I know the anwer already. I looked at a used 56 inch Lazer Z HP today with the ultravac 2 bagger and the 23 Kawi engine on it and the Triton Deck. Not sure of the year but it only has 383 hours on it. I currently run a 52 inch HP with the same engine, the Trivantage deck and the Ultravac and at times I wish I had some more horse power. The ultravac really saps a good bit of power. My question is how much more of a draw is that extra 4 inches of deck? And is the Triton the same deck as the Trivantage? It looks like it to me.

Would I regret getting this machine?

thomp62301
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
It's the Triton that is sucking all your power. There quite a bit deeper then the trivantage and have more velosity to them. 56" deck with an ultra vac is way too much for a 23hp IMO. If you havn't yet try a set of low lift blades. That will help a little. It will never be as good as a trivantage though.

icobob
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
If you have the same model Kaw (FH601V,FH641V, FH661V, FH680v & FH721V)motor there is a post in the mechanics section telling you how to make it a 25HP. I went from a 19 to a 25 for the cost of a oil cooler and it is so much better. Sorry I would link you but dont know how. I would check out the post though.

MJB
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
I think I know the anwer already. I looked at a used 56 inch Lazer Z HP today with the ultravac 2 bagger and the 23 Kawi engine on it and the Triton Deck. Not sure of the year but it only has 383 hours on it. I currently run a 52 inch HP with the same engine, the Trivantage deck and the Ultravac and at times I wish I had some more horse power. The ultravac really saps a good bit of power. My question is how much more of a draw is that extra 4 inches of deck? And is the Triton the same deck as the Trivantage? It looks like it to me.

Would I regret getting this machine?

The Triton deck was a nightmare when introduced in 2006 I think. I would be leary of that machine especially if it was a 2006 -2008. They may have them fixed now but not near as good a deck a the Trivantage deck which is the same as the Ultracut deck at least the 60" deck are the same.

tacoma200
06-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I would not buy a Triton.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
It seems that I may have confused some of you. I have a 52 with the Trivantage. I was looking at a used 56 with the Triton. I don't own it. The price is pretty good at $5,500 and I figured I could probably get that down some, but if it's not a good deck/powerplant combo, which it doesn't sound like it is, then I'm not interested. Not sure of the year.