PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Matt Hermann
06-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just got hired to powerwash the curbing of the entrances to a development. How would you go about doing to, tips? and how would you charge powerwashing, never charged a job like this. Hourly is my guess?

All help appricated!

Matt Hermann

JB1
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey guys,

Just got hired to powerwash the curbing of the entrances to a development. How would you go about doing to, tips? and how would you charge powerwashing, never charged a job like this. Hourly is my guess?

All help appricated!

Matt Hermann

how do you get hired to do something and you have no clue what to do or to charge.

Matt Hermann
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
no, i know how to power wash, but I never did it to get paid, just to my own house around the pool, and im just wondering what to charge and any tips if you guys have any.

dougdm
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Do you have the water on a truck, enough hose to reach a faucet, a power washer that will last? I quit after blowing up 2 sprayers that were supposedly good ones (junk honda engines, dropping valves). $40 an hour - T&M

Matt Hermann
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm 15 and do alot of work for the development. I would hook up my washer to the house's spicket and clean the curbing. I guess i'd go 20 an hour, because I have virtually no overhead.

BINKY1902
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
$20 an hour is too cheap. Just because your young doesn't mean you can't earn some money. When you are supplying the equipment you have to charge for yourself and your equipment. If you want to make $20 bucks an hour, charge $35 hr. This would be 20 bucks for you and charging out your machine at $15 bucks an hour. Everytime you use your machine it's less time left on the life of it. Charging $20 bucks an hour you would never have money left to replace the unit you are using. Charge a price that is fair to you and the customer, and you will both be happy.

Matt Hermann
06-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Thank you, Binki