PDA

View Full Version : ??CONTRACTS... HELP please!

ROC lawn and landscapes
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey all... I have previously done landscapes and hardscapes in my home town which isnt very big. I have now moved on to bigger and better things and I am in need of some help with a contract for landscape and hardscape sales. Would anyone one be willing to help me out with what needs to be covered in a contract or be willing to give me a copy of a contract that they use. Thanks!

NarNar
06-16-2010, 10:54 PM
What type of customers are you catering to? Residential, commercial, or municipalities.

If you are looking to get contracts done, you have a few options:

1. Outright hire a lawyer to draw up your contract. This is the costliest method ranges anywhere from $500-$3,000.00+ (depending on what's included).

2. Ask someone to use their contract. This can be the cheapest way to go. The only issue with this is, each contract is written to the rules, regulations, and laws specified to federal and THAT LOCAL community. Your city might have/view the laws differently. In addition the person you ask might want to charge a few $$ since they spent dough getting the contract written.

3. Hi-Jack someone's contract from the Net, change the name of the business, and pretend it's yours. SEE ITEM 2. Plus that is plagerism and illegal.

4. THE BEST: Contact your local SBA (Small Business Association), in cities, lawyers do pro-bono work, or para-legal or law students on the verge of becoming lawyers will help you for FREE or NEXT TO NOTHING. They would do all the leg work and the lawyer would just sign off on it.

I hope this was helpful. Goodluck.

ROC lawn and landscapes
06-17-2010, 02:16 AM
What type of customers are you catering to? Residential, commercial, or municipalities.

If you are looking to get contracts done, you have a few options:

1. Outright hire a lawyer to draw up your contract. This is the costliest method ranges anywhere from $500-$3,000.00+ (depending on what's included).

2. Ask someone to use their contract. This can be the cheapest way to go. The only issue with this is, each contract is written to the rules, regulations, and laws specified to federal and THAT LOCAL community. Your city might have/view the laws differently. In addition the person you ask might want to charge a few $$ since they spent dough getting the contract written.

3. Hi-Jack someone's contract from the Net, change the name of the business, and pretend it's yours. SEE ITEM 2. Plus that is plagerism and illegal.

4. THE BEST: Contact your local SBA (Small Business Association), in cities, lawyers do pro-bono work, or para-legal or law students on the verge of becoming lawyers will help you for FREE or NEXT TO NOTHING. They would do all the leg work and the lawyer would just sign off on it.

I hope this was helpful. Goodluck.

Thanks for the info... Im just looking for something to cover my arse when it comes to residential landscapes. Im thinking of contacting my previous employer to see if he can help me out (one reason to never burn bridges lol). we'll see how it all works out... Thanks again for the post.

NarNar
06-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the info... Im just looking for something to cover my arse when it comes to residential landscapes. Im thinking of contacting my previous employer to see if he can help me out (one reason to never burn bridges lol). we'll see how it all works out... Thanks again for the post.

No worries, and your right about burning bridges.