PDA

View Full Version : What is the best mower for overgrown lots?

collegefundms
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I have been contacted by a local realtor that would like to get me to mow her foreclosed homes. We are currently running 48" exmark lazer z's. Im pretty sure their up to the challenge but what other mower would you recommend. I have also been looking at an overpowered dixie chopper.

castlerockmo
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Husqvarna pz I ran it into 4 foot grass and cut it down to 2.5 inches didn't have a problem discharge was great I highly recommend demoing it our the yazoo/kees or dixon versions
Posted via Mobile Device

mnglocker
06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Get a walk behind brush mower and follow through with your current ZTRs and baggers.

lawnboy dan
06-16-2010, 07:24 PM
these jobs arnt usually worth the beating you put on your equiptment. but a job is a job these days

lawnkingforever
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I would invest in a WB brushmower, if you plan on targeting this kind of work. Finish mowers are not designed to mow really overgrown properties. Alot of guys will beat up their machines on an occaisional overgrown lot with high grass and weeds. I have done lots where everything needed cleared out, small bushes and trees, along with the 4ft high grass. There is no way anything but a WB brushmower could have cleared out these properties. Check craigslist or Ebay for a used one. DR, Billygoat and Snapper all make a decent one without breaking the bank.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt invest in anything where I had to rely on the bank or realtors. Use your Z's. Theyre fine.

The hard part would be the crappy places where the lawn was never made into lawn and is all stumps and rocks.

topsites
06-16-2010, 08:51 PM
My mower is the best but you can't have it nyah nyah nyaah nyaaah

JB1
06-16-2010, 08:54 PM
somebody elses mower.

collegefundms
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I have been looking at dixie choppers also or a diesel mower how are these options?

mnglocker
06-17-2010, 04:34 PM
You'll only need thebrush mower once on the properties for the initial cut. Go rent a WB Brush cutter and building it into the price.

ProTouch Groundscapes
06-17-2010, 04:47 PM
the velocity + decks on scags have a ton of room under the deck and a huge discharge, prolly the best combo for what your looking at.

Differential
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Husqvarna makes one that looks like a lawnmower raped a string trimmer. Anyone ever tried one of these machines? I think they're around $349 new. I'm interested to hear feedback on these. I've had a few clients this year where the grass was a foot tall, and I just went in with my snapper 21 and dealt with it the best i could. At times, I will use the string trimmer first, but there's just so much grass it doesn't seem like it matters.