PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for Incorporating a Sauna

DVS Hardscaper
06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
I have a prospective client whom has a rectanuglar sauna that they want to incorporate with their outdoor living space.

They would like for it to be sunken into the pavers, with maybe the to 12-inches above the pavement. That part is easy.

However, on both ends of the sauna are access points for servicing the thing.

Anyone here with any experience / knowledge / thoughts on ways to sink a sauna, yet have access to the sides for servicing?

Pics would be of GREAT help!

thanks,

DVS HARDSCAPER

greatinmulchbeds
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
if you use your brain, back, and patience you can figure it out. I believe that was the good advice you gave me, just doing a favor and giving it back :)

BrandonV
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
wood and hinged/removable decking

bigviclbi
06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Ipe or Mahogany surround with access doors.

2low4NH
06-17-2010, 07:11 PM
bluestone? we had a hot tub that was sunken on a project we used poured concrete and put bluestone caps over it. they were hard to remove but served a purpose i guess.

PaperCutter
06-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Here's how we used to do sunken spas in Phoenix. Or do you actually mean a sauna, like you said in your first post?

DVS Hardscaper
06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys!

Yep, I meant spa, not sauna!

forestfireguy
06-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Or you could deck the whole area around it, and use paver/stone around it. I saw this done and it was a nice accent piece in a large area of wet laid blue stone.

2low4NH
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
tan tumble pavers look amazing with bluestone. I do alot of that. I like to lay out the bluestone pieces 2x2 on a 45 and lay a course of pavers between rows. the colors play off eaach other very well. the only problem with that is how to set the materials against each other. either a wet laid band or metal edging. basicly lay the pavers in like a permeable but no base sand or joint sand. the metal grids used fr drip edge on decks work very well.