PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Fastcat Pro 61

Mac B.
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Does anyone run a Fastcat 61 here? I have done a search already and most of the posts were old. I did not not know if anyone had any long term feed back or not. I am debating on getting the Fastcat pro 61 or the Procat 61.

Thanks Mac

rreyn1812
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone run a Fastcat 61 here? I have done a search already and most of the posts were old. I did not not know if anyone had any long term feed back or not. I am debating on getting the Fastcat pro 61 or the Procat 61.

Thanks Mac

Just got home from demoing a ProCat 52" with 29HP Kaw. Will use it some more tomorrow. It is a mid-size frame mower, and is very nimble and quick. Doesn't hold a slope as well as the JD 925 I demoed, but is as good as my JD 830. It takes a hill very well and doesn't bog down at all going up a steep slope. Going straight down the slope is very controllable and I was able to stop mid-slope and hold it there without any problem. As far as the cut goes, it doesn't hold a candle to either of the JD 7-iron Pro decks. On the yard I cut today, there is bermuda sod around the house, and field grasses farther out. It did a good job on the bermuda, but did not cut the field grasses (mostly bahia) very well at all and required at least one to two more passes to get a good cut. I thought I was going to be testing a tiger, but it's really a pretty tame cat. Don't get me wrong, it seems to be a very good mower, just not what I was expecting, and certainly not up to what I am used to, the John Deere Ztrak 830, or the 925. I also tested out a Husqvarna PZ 54/25 and liked it's cut better than the ProCat. Just my thoughts. Will get a better idea tomorrow after using it for about 4-5 more hours.

KyleOH
06-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I run a 61 Procat here and love it. I am at 1100 hours now without issue. 10lb in the tires and it climbs like a tank. I even have the older 680kawi 23 and it does a fine job. You will mostly see bobcat around here, our local dealer is great and a few minutes from the house, always has parts in stock blades belts etc.

Mac B.
06-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. No one else has the Fastcat Pro 61 on here?? I am more intrested in this model because of the lower price.

Mac

tcshort
06-17-2010, 05:35 PM
i have the fast cat pro 61 23hp vanguard .hadn't had any problems with it good cut and its fast.i cut a 1.30 acre that was like 2 feet tall grass with no problem grate mower for the money..