PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro 48 Pulling to the right

Outlaw44
06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I've just purchased a used Snapper Pro 48 (hydro) and it pulls the right a little bit if I realease both levers completely. Also, I've noticed that when turning or stopping the right lever isn't as "responsive" as the left lever. Meaning if at a dead stop, I have to pull the right lever back further to keep it in a straight path backwards. Same for going forward; I have to let the right out further to keep up with the left side.

I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem on a similar Snapper or other mower. There is a rod that goes to the hydro system for each lever, but the tinkering I've done with adjusting it has not gotten me anywhere. Wondering if I need to keep messing with that or if I should be looking into the hydro system...
thanks for the help!

dlh2
06-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I had a similar problem. The belt that drives the hydro pumps was slipping on one of the pumps a little. I adjusted the spring loaded tensioner pulley a little and it solved the problem.

Outlaw44
06-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Huh, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to look into that. I'm assuming the pulley that was slipping was the wheel that was lagging behind???

dlh2
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Exactly....My Snapper was much more responsive when turning in one direction than the other because the belt that turned the pumps had stretched or the tension pulley spring had weakened. Tightening up the tension pulley spring solved the problem. Apprently it takes quite a bit of force to spin those hydro pumps....