PDA

View Full Version : Rgb led

emby
06-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Check these out. I received a sample so I thought I would try it out. Pushes out some pretty good lumens.

http://ledneonlight.com/index.php?cPath=28&main_page=index

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Ken. You can order those direct from the manufacturer and save yourself a bundle. I sampled them quite a while ago, and was not all that thrilled with their light output. Stay away from their "warm white" lamps as they are really quite low output and quite cool white at between 3500K and 4000K.

Have you tried using a quality, high power, 3000K LED MR16 and placing a coloured glass lens in front? Not quite as trick as an RGB remote control, but a lot less complicated and less to go wrong.

David Gretzmier
06-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I too have sampled these and they are a novelty item. The 5w 12v mr-16 version is cool for water features, I have a half dozen out there or so. but you have to use several to get the reflected glow. There are a couple of new high power 4-die LED rgb's out there, and the output of those will be roughly 3-4 times what these produce. But until those get to market in a remote control version, these are fun to play with.

emby
06-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I know that you all have tried these at some point but it was just given to me as a sample. I placed it above our soaker tub and the kids just love it.
In that dark bathroom it was actually pretty bright but I am sure that in an outside enviroment things would be a little different.
The link was the fastest that came up when I googled Tristar.
There are so many products coming to the market and one could spend a small fortune trying to find the best of the best. I know James your LED's are the best !!
The technology is changing almost too fast but one thing is for sure LED's are going to be the new kid on the block.

Ken

Alan B
06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
as others have mentioned, lumen output was really weak on the sample I tried. However would work for a small completely darkroom as you mentioned. For landscape lighting not yet.

Tomwilllight
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I couldn't get past the statement that the light "reached all the way to the floor."

No kidding!!!! I don't have time to even listen to S---!

Do these guys understand anything about the Physics of Light? Why are they in this business if they don't know something basic about what they sell?

Tom