PDA

View Full Version : Blades on 2052 w/mulch kit

trader39
06-17-2010, 09:00 AM
These are probably basic questions, but I need the education. I have two 2006 2052's (one for me and one for my 62yr old mom - which she loves) Purchased new with mulch kits. Obviously new blades have come and gone. We just don't have the original cut we used to. We both have a lot of build up and she is underneath it pulling buckets of grass out every time she cuts. I'm not that disciplined. I've been tempted to removed the mulch kits, but when new, they were great. Aside from the traditional list you post...tire pressure, sharp blades, not cutting in wet grasses etc... what should I be checking? What are the right blades to use? Right now it's just a mulching gator type blade. Am I missing something... Thanks.

mowerconsultant
06-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I would make sure the deck belt tension is right, the engine RPM's are where they need to be and that the deck is pitched correctly and level left to right, along with keeping the deck clean and mowing when dry.
I would use the Hustler mulching blades also, they are Hustler part # 794198 for your mower.

Pj