PDA

View Full Version : convert of 2 Tons of mulch to yards plz!!!!

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok so i need to convert 2 tons of mulch to yards Its that rubber mulch (Algelo's says its not crushed up tires but i can still read the size of the tires on the mulch but whatever!) :usflag:

Does anyone know how many yards 2 tons are???
Its is no doubt equal to or more than 6 yards (by just looking at it.)

Stillwater
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
You being the only one to have looked at it are the only one to determin this. A cubic yard measures 3 feet square x 3 feet deep. Air space and product density can only be estimated. So get out your tape measure.

Darryl G
06-18-2010, 09:39 AM
The manufacturer should be able to provide this information.

cuttin-to-the-Max
06-18-2010, 10:29 AM
The manufacturer should be able to provide this information.

Ohhhhhhhhh YEAHHHH!!!! forgot about that! :hammerhead:

Well i called them and they say: 1 ton=2.5 yards
THANKSSSSSSS!

Darryl G
06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
No problem :)

LouisianaLawnboy
06-18-2010, 11:25 PM
No problem :)

LOL!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your question was impossible to answer. You asked us to convert from weight to area. This varies from mulch to mulch, especially if it is rubber.

Ramairfreak98ss
06-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Ok so i need to convert 2 tons of mulch to yards Its that rubber mulch (Algelo's says its not crushed up tires but i can still read the size of the tires on the mulch but whatever!) :usflag:

Does anyone know how many yards 2 tons are???
Its is no doubt equal to or more than 6 yards (by just looking at it.)

Yeah we've installed it in NJ, came in 30lb bags i think.. similar in size to a 50lb bag of rock salt pretty much, so its nearly half the weight per cubic yard of something hard like salt or 1/3 of the weight of stone.

So 6 tons, jesus thats gonna cost a lot. I believe each bag was like $8 or $9? Maybe im off, that was a year ago now since our last one, but i know 15 bags doesnt go very far at all, 100 bags sounds like a lot, doesnt put a dent in even a smaller playground set :/ You generally want to run this stuff 3-4" thick or MORE if you can, because it moves easily and is light... kids can just run through it and hit bottom of your "sandbox" or kiddie play area. Id recommend to customers 6", but after they hear the price for a 6" deep, 20x20' area, they go bark mulch instead or sand.

and yes it is still recycled tires, some how they get the threads out so it looks all black and not white threads sticking out all over, and they're strong magnets pull and separate out all of the metal, pretty neat process.