PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS2000Z

fourbybud
06-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Looking at getting a new Ferris IS2000Z and would like any suggestions or comments....
Thanks in advance.

mybowtie
06-18-2010, 08:58 PM
5th season with mine. Like the ride. The cut is great on the normal growth dry lawns, but suffers the thicker or wetter it gets. My lazer z dose a much better job on the wet thick lawns. The new ferris deck is supposeed to be better, but i have no experence with it. Been through 2 left side wheel motors(2nd one is going south fast) otherwise i like it..Would I buy another??? not sure......

fourbybud
06-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply...Do you feel that the 27hp is enough?
How many hours are the wheel motors lasting??
I demoed a 3100z last year with the old deck and had the same problems you have. Gonna demo a 2000z this week with the new deck before I do anything..

mybowtie
06-19-2010, 08:44 AM
First wheel motor had around 200 hrs on it. I now have about 700. I'm hoping its the hose. I noticed a little oil residue on the fitting where it attaches to the wheel motor. Hope its just sucking air causing the problem. Let me know how you like the new deck. The 27hp is ok. I dont think it would do great with a bagger though. I'm looking hard at the badboy lightning with 32 briggs. $2200 less then the ferris or exmark. Will have a demo sometime next week i hope.

fourbybud
06-23-2010, 10:24 AM
WOW all I can say is the new ICD deck is awesome. It will handle anything you can throw at it.(within reason)

Frue
06-23-2010, 04:13 PM
First wheel motor had around 200 hrs on it. I now have about 700. I'm hoping its the hose. I noticed a little oil residue on the fitting where it attaches to the wheel motor. Hope its just sucking air causing the problem. Let me know how you like the new deck. The 27hp is ok. I dont think it would do great with a bagger though. I'm looking hard at the badboy lightning with 32 briggs. $2200 less then the ferris or exmark. Will have a demo sometime next week i hope.

I have the bagger it is awesome. You can bag anything. I tried the icd deck and you can keep it. In order for you to get the quality od cut your looking for you must slow way down. The deck can cut but it lacks depth. Therefor you must give it time to process the grass.

mybowtie
06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
The two ferris dealers near me do not have demos, so im not sure ill buy another. As far as the ICD deck, it shouldn't be any worse then the older one.

4 seasons lawn&land
06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I have the 25hp. smallest motor with the 61" deck. It does well everywhere. Great cut, cuts the thick and wet stuff just as well. it just clumps up easier than others when it is wet and doesnt throw clippings as far. Gotta' love the ride though.

Mine has 320 hours so I wont say anything about durability or buying another until at least 1000 hours.