PDA

View Full Version : Toro vs Exmark 36" Belt Drive WB

bjack312
06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
My trusty 21" mower is finally coming to the end of it's useful life, and have decided that the replacement will be a 36" walk behind.

I have demoed the 36" Exmark, and my impression is that it is an excellent machine. Local Toro dealer does not have the 36" in stock, but can order.

I know Toro and Exmark as companies are related, the question that I have is there any major difference in the Exmark and Toro machine (other than t-bar vs pistol grip)? I would much rather purchase from the Toro dealer, because I know that the support will be better down the road.

95% of what I mow is well maintained bermuda, and the will be running a mulching kit most of the time.

Any comments or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

1984buzzard
06-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I really like the t-bar on the toro, but the new turbo force decks have made me switch to exmark. because of the angle on my trailer ramp, I have to pop a wheelie to load my walk behinds without hanging the deck. the turbo force decks are so heavy that i can put my entire weight on the handles (feet off the ground) and I still can't pick up the front of the mower. I have an exmark and a toro 36'' walkbehind, both have toro mulch kits and blades on them and I really like the quality of cut on both

All_Toro_4ME
06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
The decks are different. Pistol grips can be painful after a full days worth of mowing unless you're use to it.

1984buzzard
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
if your going to get the exmark, get the ECS controls, they are more comfortable than pistol grips. some say less effort to use than t-bar
My toro is a 2004 model, which came with the same deck as exmark has