PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible???

rpatrizio
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I set my son up with 15 accounts a few years ago. He just called me to tell me my echo trimmer which was sitting in the bed of my Ram 1500 just bonced completely out of the truck and got smashed up and is broke.

Is it even possible the whole thing can completely bounce out of the truck bed?

Wish this kid took care of my equipment the way he takes care of his S*%T.

unit28
06-18-2010, 05:41 PM
tailgate down perhaps?

rpatrizio
06-18-2010, 05:54 PM
He said no. My bet is he put it half way in with the engine head sticking out.

Glenn Lawn Care
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
he was prolly out baja-ing

tmetz
06-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Tell him to buy himself his own new trimmer, then he will take care of it...

topsites
06-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Well I don't know how possible it is but I have NEVER in 9 years had ANY of my equipment
bounce out of either truck or trailer and I keep a LOT of ch!7 up in there most of it unsecured.
Then again with small exception I paid for everything I own with my own hard earned money.

Only thing I can think of is he had to have hit a bump REALLY hard.

You know what I really think?
He ran over it LOL and don't wanna fess up to his stupidity.
Now that, I've done as much.

But I'll tell you something else...
This is the reason why bailouts don't work.

Tell him to buy himself his own new trimmer, then he will take care of it...

Yup, pretty much.

Jay Ray
06-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't know, but have seen 2 x 6 and 2 x 8 "gates" on trailers slide completely up and out of the channels and fall on the road. My guess is if a bump and vehicle speed is just right it could happen but it is unlikely.

SperaLandscaping
06-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Not possible.

Oakleaf landscape
06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Yea iv gone across some railroad tracks before a little fast (30mph) and had one of the back gates on the trailer fall down. It's got a 5lb pin that's atleast 10 inches long pop out of the whole so i'm guessing if he hit a bump hard enough then it could possibly come flying out but i doubt it.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Yea iv gone across some railroad tracks before a little fast (30mph) and had one of the back gates on the trailer fall down. It's got a 5lb pin that's atleast 10 inches long pop out of the whole so i'm guessing if he hit a bump hard enough then it could possibly come flying out but i doubt it.

Remember a trailer doesn't have shocks. The trimmer was in the back of the truck bed.

unit28
06-18-2010, 11:25 PM
things are gonna happen pops.
He's mowing for money so he needs to buy a new/used one.

I built a trimmer rack on the back of a 72 datsun truck when
I first started many mnay years ago. The trimmer flew out and on the highway.
My list goes a little further, but I'll leave it at that.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-18-2010, 11:27 PM
things are gonna happen pops.
He's mowing for money so he needs to buy a new/used one.

I built a trimmer rack on the back of a 72 datsun truck when
I first started many mnay years ago. The trimmer flew out and on the highway.
My list goes a little further, but I'll leave it at that.

Wow a 72 Datsun.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rpatrizio
06-19-2010, 12:31 AM
here's a picture. looks pretty bent.

unit28
06-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Dad,
that will buff right out

hmc610
06-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Doesn't look like it flew out of a p/u bed. Looks more like it was ran over?

ajslands
06-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Looks more like it was ran over?

That's nit a drop from a trailer! You could throw it and it wouldn't even do that! He ran over it for sure! But maybe the trailer and not the truck because it seems like it would be bent even more if it was the truck.

It still starts up right, just won't spin?
Posted via Mobile Device

BadRancher
06-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Its possible if he ran over a mine shaft

mnglocker
06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
He broke the carb off when he ran it over. I'd bet he set it against the back of the truck and forgot to put it in the bed before he got rolling and ran over it with the trailer.

Take the good parts left from the power head and the gear end and **** can the rest of it. Tell him to go buy a new Echo SRM-265 and to put it all the way in the truck next time or it'll cost him 3 bills again.

unit28
06-19-2010, 08:04 AM
or go to lowe's and get a Husqvarna 223L which is great,
easier to see since it's orange

zturncutter
06-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Wish this kid took care of my equipment the way he takes care of his S*%T.

Good life lesson for him because the new trimmer will be his S*%T because he needs to buy the new one.

topsites
06-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh heck that's not so bad, just go to the dealership and buy a new shaft, fix'r up.

Look here, how do I know these things, I ran over my own backpack blower years ago, damage was about as bad,
all you do is replace the crucial part(s) that the machine won't run without, patch up and fix the rest
best you can and keep right on getting it.

These commercial units, things like that don't really hurt them in terms of performance,
but you might be out $100+ on that shaft, maybe not, I'm not sure what they cost.

You'll have to pull it apart and see exactly what all is broken, some things the machine can do without,
other things it can not, just have to find out what all you're into but it's probably not so bad, they always
look way worse than what it is, you think you killed it but I bet it would run with some relatively minor repairs.

In my case the plastic turbofan shroud was cracked: $80!
For a half of a shroud, a dang plastic piece.
Another time I dropped a backpack blower off a roof, cracked the gas tank, another $80.

All in all it's just a bit of a lesson learned thou, maybe that shaft's $80 too lol, it'll be all right.
On another note your son ought to be the one working on it, and paying for the parts.