PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Dealers, LCOs, can I get a price check on a Snapper Pro 48/17?

MowingMowingMowing
06-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I was quoted $4,199 for the 48" Snapper Pro with 17 hp Kawasaki. Is that about right?

Also, kind of an odd ?, but I live on the MO/IL border and my cousin suggested buying my mower in IL (I live in MO) to avoid the sales tax (one of his friends owns a hauling service and he thinks he would deliver it to me). Could I do this? The dealer in IL, also owns the dealerships here in MO so it wouldn't really affect them. Hmm...

topsites
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Well yeah, that sounds about right.

As for not paying your taxes, I would consider you a traitor to our country.

MowingMowingMowing
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Well yeah, that sounds about right.

As for not paying your taxes, I would consider you a traitor to our country.

Lol jumping to some conclusions there don't ya think? The tax man gets plenty of $$$ from me as is, and I never said I was necessarily going that route, I was just curious. You know what happens when you ASSume things? :laugh:

Cutgrassfast
06-18-2010, 11:40 PM
If the same company owns stores in both states, you have to pay tax in your own state. If they only owned a store in Il and delivered to you in Mo you don't have to pay sales tax. (You are supposed to volunteer to pay Mo tax but good luck with that)

BINKY1902
06-19-2010, 12:11 AM
People do it all the time. As long as they deliver it to you everything is fine and no sales tax. If you go over there and buy you would have to pay tax, but if they meet you in your state or bring it to your home no tax. People will say you should pay tax but they are not the one shelling out the cash. It's perfectly legal and the way it is. I bought a mower in the next state and instead of paying 7,500 hundred bucks I paid 6,700. I have eight hundred to buy other stuff. I just had them deliver it. That's the way it is here anyway. I was able to upgrade a model and pay the same. Just business.

MowingMowingMowing
06-19-2010, 12:35 AM
People do it all the time. As long as they deliver it to you everything is fine and no sales tax. If you go over there and buy you would have to pay tax, but if they meet you in your state or bring it to your home no tax. People will say you should pay tax but they are not the one shelling out the cash. It's perfectly legal and the way it is. I bought a mower in the next state and instead of paying 7,500 hundred bucks I paid 6,700. I have eight hundred to buy other stuff. I just had them deliver it. That's the way it is here anyway. I was able to upgrade a model and pay the same. Just business.

I see, that's kind of what I thought. The IL dealer is actually closer to me, so delivery shouldn't be a problem. This is just the first time I'll be purchasing a new mower and I figured I mine as well think of any way I can to reduce the cost.

If they don't give any discount for paying in cash, I think I'll even just buy it with a credit card and go to the bank the next day and pay it all off (I get 1% back on CC purchases). Not a humongous savings, but hell I'll take $40 off if I can get it, why not.

Anyone have any particular tips, ideas, etc, that might be of help I would appreciate it.