PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with interlock sealing experience?

JFGauvreau
06-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Just need to know if anyone out there does interlock sealing that is experience? I have a couple of questions to ask you on a job I already did.

Rex Mann
06-19-2010, 12:12 AM
fire away

Peace,

Rex

JFGauvreau
06-19-2010, 09:39 AM
This guy had about 900 sq foot of interlock around his driveway, to his house and around his house. Interlock is about 2 years old. I cleaned the interlock with some cleaning products and the pressure washer, it was a sunny day so I didn't take time to dry. Then I apply the polymer sand to the crack, removing the excess making sure their wasn't left on the stones. Then lightly spray the interlock with water to harden the sand.

Came back the next day to seal it with the TechniSeal buckets.

http://www.techniseal.com/web/product.php?prodID=2

It was looking very nice when I applied it, very wet and shiny looking, but 2 hours later it started to dry and fade a way a bit. So anyways I came back 2 days after and it wasn't very shiny or wet looking at all. In fact there was even some white stains at some areas.

Now the question is what are those white stains? You can take them off with a broom, they are uniform.

I have to get some pictures to help you.

R & R Yard Designs
06-19-2010, 01:27 PM
The stains are left over sealer. How did you apply it with a squige or roller
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGauvreau
06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
with a roller, but its weird because some places are fine then the one right beside theirs white stains, like I rolled it all evenly.

JFGauvreau
06-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Here is some pictures.

The first 2 is the steps which you can tell they look a bit more white then before, doesn't look wet and shiny.

JFGauvreau
06-19-2010, 04:46 PM
the last pics

JFGauvreau
06-21-2010, 08:36 PM
anyone know what happened?