PDA

View Full Version : Stander speed!!!!

liledgy
06-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Wow, what a difference replacing the clamps from the hydro pump shafts to rods from the handles. Nice easy fix. No way could I ever cut that fast! I also got the parts installed from the platform up to the kill switch for rider safety. Now I need to tweak the height of cut. It cuts fine now put I'm concerned that the way I got there is not correct. The rear wheels are in the middle holes, I assume that's the last thing to adjust so l left those alone. I have 4 washers between blades and spidles. I moved 2 washers above front casters and it didn't seem to pull grass up. I replaced regular gaters with high lift gators and put all 3 washers above casters and cut improved alot. If I look close I can see some straglers that aren't cut, not in a straight line, just variously. I need to find out if I have old pulleys or the high speed replacement ones. I assume I'll need 3. I am also concerned that my deck/ blades are lower than they should be. Air pressure n tires are good. It's a 2000 stander 48" cut.
Posted via Mobile Device

WrightCommercial
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
liledgy,

The stock set for your model is rear supports in the middle holes, the caster arms should have the bolts in the middle holes with the bolt going thru the middle hole in the brackets also, and the front "c" spacers should be one on top and two on the bottom. The spacing for the blades is five 1/4" spacers between the blade and the spindle. When you talk about the pulleys are you refering to the drive system or the cutter deck?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

liledgy
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
The cutting deck, one of the posters said the original 48" standers might of had a lower rpm and the remedy was a different size pulley
Posted via Mobile Device

WrightCommercial
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
liledgy,

I know we had a pulley kit for the real early Standers but that was for ground speed. We currently recommend changing the clutch and engine to deck belt to increase the blade tip speed of the 48" Standers. The part numbers needed are the 71410014 clutch and the 71460062 cutter deck belt.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.