PDA

View Full Version : Repair a patch of Zoysia....ASAP!

23cmcnitt23
06-19-2010, 10:02 AM
I have an area of my zoysia lawn that does not get hit by the sprinklers and does not receive as much sun as the rest of the lawn. This area is about 5-6 feet long and 2 feet wide and has not grown much this spring/summer. Unfortunately it is right by our front door and looks really bad for potential home buyers that are coming to our home. I know zoysia is very slow to grow. Is there any other type of grass seed that I can put down that will grow quickly and be either a permanent or temporary fix.

Thank you

Think Green
06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Is this area obstructed by shrubbery, lower limbs or what? Is this area subject to excessive foot traffic and compaction??
I will change out a head or nozzle to change the arc of the flow. Sometimes, a area of soil will deplete out faster than usual if sand is an issue. These areas get a nozzle for more water on the zone. Clay soil will absorb water slower and thus will need slower water dispersion.
Elaborate of the situation of the area, as their is something more going on here.
Taking out this area and resodding is the best thing to do otherwise seeding another type of seed will not look right in my opinion. If this area is too compacted, then lightly till down 4 inches and remove and inch so the sod will be level. Roll it in real well, starter fertilize that spot and water it daily until it is seated in well and cannot be lifted up by hand.