PDA

View Full Version : top dresser rental

nhmills
06-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Where can I rent a top dresser for peat moss in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-19-2010, 11:37 PM
This is a really good question, as I don't know too many parts of the country where these machines can be rented readily. I know I'd get blank stares if I asked to rent one here in So. MN.

nhmills
06-21-2010, 01:42 PM
thanks for the info, I considered buying one, but I not sure the revenue form it would justify the cost.

ICT Bill
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
If you cannot find one around to rent, they are standard issue in sports turf and golf and are used extensively, maybe a ball field or golf course would let you rent one from them

roccon31
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
If you cannot find one around to rent, they are standard issue in sports turf and golf and are used extensively, maybe a ball field or golf course would let you rent one from them

i tried that once....the guy wanted 2 grand per day including operator, plus mobilization charges. he told me it would take 2 days to do 2 acres. i laughed at him and bought my own, and it takes me less than 5 hours to do both acres.

maybe it isnt like that everywhere, but the golf folks around here have a champagne attitude and beer budget.

phasthound
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Where can I rent a top dresser for peat moss in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?
Just curious as to why you would top dress with peat moss?

ICT Bill
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM

a lot of guys around here do it as well, the bails are convenient and light and it gives good soil texture. Just keeping it wet for the first few days is the biggest issue

starry night
06-21-2010, 09:51 PM

I'm curious, also. (And looking for a better answer than Bill's)

adam.neusbaum
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I may use peat on one yard and not another. If it looks sun-scorched(like on a hillside) then I'll use the peat over composted cow manure to promote holding moisture and it also promotes the creeping grass to spread because it's easy to burrow through.
adam