PDA

View Full Version : Hydro or Belt drive for primary mower?

MainePPC
06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I am going to start mowing a good number of my plowing accounts and am looking to buy a ZT 48" or 52" walk behind as my primary mower. I have been told by some to only go with a Hydro and others have told me to save my money and go with a belt drive. Anyone have any suggestions or info that may help me out? Thanks!

macgyver_GA
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
How many lawns do you mow daily? My hands get pretty fatiqued after running my 36" snapper pro belt drive for a few hours. My next mower will definitely be a hydro. However if this is your first walk behind and a limited budget, I would just buy a belt drive then upgrade later.

mowerbrad
06-19-2010, 09:53 PM
It depends on how much you are going to use the mower. If it is only for 10 accounts a week, then a belt drive is going to be fine. But if its 20+ accounts a week, then a hydro may be a little more what your looking for. A hydro is very manuverable, more so than a belt drive mower.

If you are going to have to go around a lot of obsticles, turn around alot, mow hills often, mow narrow/small areas, or plan on putting a sulky on the mower....then a hydro is definately what you are looking for.