PDA

View Full Version : Installing aftermarket hitch on Wright Sentar

elvi679
06-19-2010, 08:58 PM
First off, this foprum is awesome and I figured it was time to post back.

Here are some pictures and comments of my project of installing an aftermarket hitch bought off of ebay.

Don't get me started about why the Wright does not have a hitch, but so be it - so I went to ebay and found: Seller info Member idjmrwelding1 , he had what looked to be a strong hitch that he would custom make for my Sentar for $30 shipping included. The hitch arrived within a couple of days included bolts and the paint matched perfectly (told him very similar to Cub Cadet colors).

So, first step was taking off the seat to get to the battery compartment which had to be removed - not too difficult - just so that you know - the bar holding the seat will omly come out one way... don't try to force it. Next remove battery - mark your 3 holes, drill them out and mount your hitch.

Done.... best of luck with your hitch.

TennisBum
06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Very nice! Have you used it yet? I own a 25/52 Sentar and have had some regrets that I can no longer pull my 25 sqr ft trailer.

TennisBum
06-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I was trying to find that ebay member but I get invalid ID. Do you know how I can get in touch with him? Thanks.

elvi679
06-19-2010, 11:36 PM
you can reach him: josh rectenwald <jmrwelding@yahoo.com> or try search in ebay for item: 200474384282

I just used it to pull around a Parker Lawnsweeper as a quick test - works as expected.
http://www.parkersweeper.com/parker-product-detail.php?pid=55

however of course you will not be able to do quick Zero-turn type turns with a sweeper haning off the back.

cheers

jsf343
06-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Curious what size deck you are running on the wright? looks a lot like mine, (I have a 36") I am wondering if you could run a pull behind aerator now? Should be able to anyway.

Hitch looks real good, very nice product.

elvi679
06-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Mine is 48" deck.
Do you have any "accessories" you are using with yours? stripping kit? powerchute? etc?