PDA

View Full Version : craftsman ztr

aaron1
06-20-2010, 03:47 AM
i had a question are the craftsman ztr any good? how many acres can you mow with it? are the Husqvarna any better? thanks for the feed back...

2001FZ1
06-20-2010, 03:59 AM
for the price of a new Craftsman, you can buy a used Hustler, Scag or Dixie that will last longer and perform better.

I have looked at the craftsman ZTRs. if you are mowing a smooth piece of land that doesn't have any hills, it would probably do ok. Just don't expect it to last 10 years mowing 5 acres a week with it.

johnwon
06-20-2010, 08:19 AM
A guy I work with bought one. It was on clearance and he got it for a lot less than the original sale price. Only problem is that it will not hold a bank or cut along the side of a hill without sliding down. He described the bank he was trying to cut and it was not steep at all, but yet it would break loose and slide down. This guy has a great deal of mowing experience too, being he mows for the boss with his exmark ztr.

ZTR_Diesel
06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Skip the Craftsman. Find a nice used commercial zero turn that's been well cared for, with some hours on it, and be done with it. Demo whatever you buy before you sign on the line.

astewart
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I suppose you could always find a higher quality mower if you go used but the Craftsman is actually a Bobcat fastcat, built like a tank, holds hills just fine and the cut is as good as the others.

If I had one complaint is that it doesn't come with a suspension seat, nothing that can't be fixed cuz they sell them at northern tool and equipment.