PDA

View Full Version : Help me bid a job

Jordanfan20
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
thanks in advanced guys, could use a hand

So I've got a job that requires about 700 square feet of mulching, first I need to dig the edges next I need to fill in the beds with mulch. Theres maybe 40 feet of edge digging.

Finally once the beds are filled, I'm renting a rotitiller to dig up some of her old beds, where from there i'm going to be planting grass in about 100 square feet.

Could you guys give me some idea of how much I would charge for a job like this?

Darryl G
06-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Ok, so first, how much mulch do you need. I figure about 5 to 6 yards. Figure about an hour per yard to install it plus the price of mulch plus delivery plus any markup. 40 feet of edging, shouldn't take more than an hour. Not sure I'd bother with renting a tiller for a 10 x 10 area, I'd probably just hand dig it or even just rake it out, but that's me...hard to say without seeing it. All in all sounds like about a days worth of work plus materials/rental. Shooting from the hip, $500 for the bed work including materials and edging and $250 for the grass work (might be on the high side)...call it $749.95...this is just a guess..would have to see it.