PDA

View Full Version : Cub cadet z-force 50" opinions?

OKIE LAWNS
06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
i posted this thread last week http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=320646

i have found a cub cadet with 196 hours asking 2950, thinking of trying to get it for 2500. Any negatives on this mower?

I am having trouble finding much reviews on this one.

I do not do too much commercial mowing yet, mostly small resi's. But my own property has about 1-2 acres of grass to cut, and thinking with this mower i could try to pick up a couple of 1-2 acre lots too.

MS_SURVEYOR
06-21-2010, 05:26 PM
i posted this thread last week http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=320646

i have found a cub cadet with 196 hours asking 2950, thinking of trying to get it for 2500. Any negatives on this mower?

I am having trouble finding much reviews on this one.

I do not do too much commercial mowing yet, mostly small resi's. But my own property has about 1-2 acres of grass to cut, and thinking with this mower i could try to pick up a couple of 1-2 acre lots too.

Don't buy the cub unless your lawn is level. I bought the z-force for my lawn 3 1/2 years ago thinking that it would be the ticket. The mower did not hold up. I had it a year an half and it would not of last too much longer. I traded it in before the warrantee was up. My lawn is probably 1.25 acres with a lot of trees and flower beds with a slight grade going from front to back. When I would do a cut from front to back the mower would start to slow down alot going up the hill. Also the deck on it would clog after one or two cuts. To say the least I was very disappointed with the mower.

I ended up trading it in and getting a Exmark CT(I think hustler makes a nice mower in the same catagory). When I traded the Cub in it was only 1 1/2 years old, I had taken good care of but I only was able to get about 50% of the price I paid for it. If I would of bought the comercial mower I would of saved money. By the way the Exmark CT is and great mower(guarantee it will work as long as I want to keep it). The cut the speed at which it cuts is a lot faster than the cub. The power of the tractor is a lot better. The deck does not clog hardly at all. I cut my lawn in less than 1 hour with a 48" deck. I also bought the striper with it. It makes my lawn look great.

Bottom line is I ended up spending 2000 dollars more by not purchasing the comericial first. Buy a commericial mower even if you have to take out a small loan.

I found this little write up on the Cub Cadet Z-Force being that you asked,

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/review/Cub-Cadet/Z-Force%2044.aspx

OKIE LAWNS
06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks!! Some of that is scary.... Lol

I think I will keep looking

bballv20
06-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I just started my business this year and bought a 2008 cub z force 50" 330 hours for $2000 with a bagger. I have 10 residential accounts and so far its held up well. I never have a problem starting it and its very user friendly. The only problem i had is the front right wheel well got bent somehow but I took it to a welding shop and they fixed it for $30. If you dont have many accounts I think its a good mower to get.