PDA

View Full Version : zg222...enough power?

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I have a 2009 model kubota zg222, with the 22hp kubota gasoline engine. I love this mower! It is a simple machine and runs like top, i absolutely love it. I talked to my dealer today, they have a grass catcher with the vac system in stock. He re-assures me that my Kubota has plenty of power to run this grass catcher, he said that kubota recently discontined the zd321 because they were underpowered and that Kubota won't put a product out there that won't preform. As i searched other posts i found someone posted back in 2008 that they have a zg23 Kubota and the grass catcher is clogging in dry leaves and short grass, while going slow. Alsot recently a late post, the exmark with the 23hp kohler and the ultra vac is bogging it down. Do you think i'm going to have enough power behind my ZG222 to run the bagger? Thanks.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
It has a 48 pro deck

BINKY1902
06-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I would say your good to go. I have spent some time behind that machine and I don't think you'll have a problem. See if they will let you try it out first. That's a lot of money to spend on something that your not sure about. I think it would do fine, but you need to see for yourself.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
06-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks man. Those were my thoughts exactly, this mower is amazing, i'm not too worried about it and if there are problems, my dealer will make it right. Appreciate it.