Ran their Cobra today. 27 Kawasaki with 60 inch deck. Not sure of this machine

is good for the guy trying to make a buck. But with only 14 hours, it sure did

make some nice stripes today.

biggziff
06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Chinese ZTR...LOL

ff162bfd
06-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Looked at one today while passing some time at the shop. I gotta say it is pretty impressive to look at and has some nice features for the price. If anyone is running one I would like to hear a review.

jay317
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't do it!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
06-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Did it have that burnt smell that everything else from China seems to have?

Sharpcut 1
06-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Hate to say this guys, as I own a couple of muscle cars and am as pro-american as any other red blooded american, but we sold a few this year. Let me say we are a Hustler, Walker, redhawk, and Big-dog dealer also. So far, the only problem we have had with the 5 units we sold, is one of the fuse olders went bad, and the fuse that powers up the wiring harness did'nt make contact. One machine is owned by a contractor that cuts foreclosures, so lots of times grass is 2-3 feet high. All mowers have 100-200 hours on them so far. How they will do in another 500 hours remains to be seen, but so far so good. We were selling 25 hp kawasaki's with 60" decks for 6700.00. Big Dogs are the next closest for 7500.00 Only time will tell. They run real pumps and wheel motors, and have bigger hydro reservoirs than Exmark. If you look at them, they are a copy of an Exmark, minus the horizontal engine, which means it's a straight shot for the blade belt, not a mule drive like an Exmark. Sorry to say, but if the US manufacturers don't lower their prices, your gonna see the same thing happen to the mower industry as you saw happen to the car industry. This is coming from a dealer who has only owned GM products since he started driving over 30 years ago.
Lowballers are killing your pricing, you can't be paying more and more for replacement mowers. Do the math. You guys need to band together and keep pricing up, instead of undercutting each other. I was in the Lawn Maintence end for over 15 years before becoming a dealer, and guys are cutting for less today than when I was. Back then, a brand new Wheelhorse CHAIN DRIVE 724 was $5500.00 with a Trac-vac. Now, just a fully loaded Z is almost double, and prices are lower.

Sorry for the rant and off- topic. Now back to the original thread!!

Keith
06-22-2010, 01:15 AM
I'll stick with keeping Americans employed as long as I can.

Richard Martin
06-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Hate to say this guys, as I own a couple of muscle cars and am as pro-american as any other red blooded american, but we sold a few this year.

If you were as red blooded as I am you wouldn't be selling them. You are part of the problem.

biggziff
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
If you were as red blooded as I am you wouldn't be selling them. You are part of the problem.

Wow...and you've spent time getting to know this guy?

He's a businessman and made a decision to try something new. If he didn't do it someone else around him would have. I understand your sentiment, but your delivery is very poor.

sehitchman
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm going to defend Sharpcut here. Until I walk in another business mans shoes I'm not going to condemn him. This is probably a situation where the TSC down the road decided to low ball ztr's and he's just trying to compete. Or his distributor of the US made mowers picked up the Worldlawn and tied in his volume discounts on his US Lines with the purchase of some Worldlawn product. Now the poor dealer is stuck selling the imports and needs to double up on his parts inventory just to keep making a buck on the US mowers. I try to buy American when ever possible, but it is very difficult no matter where you shop these days.

Coumbe
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I bet the mark up is kinda high on the american made ZT's. It can't cost that much to produce one. They will bring their prices down and still be doing fine I bet.

WREBELMACHINE
06-27-2010, 10:01 AM
cost to produce not to bad usually it is the liability insurance etc that costs.

Kingfish
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM

Any more on the mower?

Kingfish
07-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Any more on the mower?

Anyone ?????????????

davidslawncare
09-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Ok, so for some actual feedback on the mower and not where it's made. My old boss has owned exmark for 15 years and this year was needing to replace one. Our exmark dealer picked up the worldlawn brand and he bought one and has used it all year and is very happy with the cut quality and the overall quality of the machine. He said it bags way better than the exmark and its stripes sweet too. We bag a lot in NE Ohio so that is a huge plus for us. So as far as the mower itsel he is planning on purchasing two more next year. For half the price of an exmark (and I'm not saying anything bad about them they are a great mower) it's hard to pass up. I'm buying one in the spring. Hope this helps
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
09-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Its a piece of garbage.

buckhigh
09-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Ok, so for some actual feedback on the mower and not where it's made. My old boss has owned exmark for 15 years and this year was needing to replace one. Our exmark dealer picked up the worldlawn brand and he bought one and has used it all year and is very happy with the cut quality and the overall quality of the machine. He said it bags way better than the exmark and its stripes sweet too. We bag a lot in NE Ohio so that is a huge plus for us. So as far as the mower itsel he is planning on purchasing two more next year. For half the price of an exmark (and I'm not saying anything bad about them they are a great mower) it's hard to pass up. I'm buying one in the spring. Hope this helps
Posted via Mobile Device

Out of curiosity, what dealer do you speak of?
Posted via Mobile Device

JimQ
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
This thread came to mind when I saw this.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/chinese-farmer-builds-lamborghini-from-scrap-metal-slideshow/people-look-self-made-replica-lamborghini-reventon-suqian-photo-100313567.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fchinese-farmer-builds-lamborghini-from-scrap-metal-slideshow%252Fpeople-look-self-made-replica-lamborghini-reventon-suqian-photo-100313567.html

Q

davidslawncare
09-27-2012, 04:55 PM
This thread came to mind when I saw this.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/chinese-farmer-builds-lamborghini-from-scrap-metal-slideshow/people-look-self-made-replica-lamborghini-reventon-suqian-photo-100313567.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fchinese-farmer-builds-lamborghini-from-scrap-metal-slideshow%252Fpeople-look-self-made-replica-lamborghini-reventon-suqian-photo-100313567.html

Q

THAT'S PRETTY COOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

kc2006
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
I love how whenever something's Chinese (yet when I looked online it said they're built in Nebraska) people blindly say garbage except the people that actually have used one say they're great.
Posted via Mobile Device

davidslawncare
09-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Bottom line:

They have Kaw, Honda, and Briggs engines
Hydro and Parker hydraulics
Warner electric
Goodyear and Carlisle tires and belts

They are everything my gravely is but the steel ( and I would like someone to furnish proof where the steel comes from)

They are a solid mower that cuts nice. So what's the big deal? It's all a global market.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow...and you've spent time getting to know this guy?

He's a businessman and made a decision to try something new. If he didn't do it someone else around him would have. I understand your sentiment, but your delivery is very poor.

I found Richard's post blunt and to the point. Amen Richard. :usflag:

So it's OK for everyone to support China? The less people supporting China, the better.

orangemower
10-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Bottom line:

They have Kaw, Honda, and Briggs engines
Hydro and Parker hydraulics
Warner electric
Goodyear and Carlisle tires and belts

They are everything my gravely is but the steel ( and I would like someone to furnish proof where the steel comes from)

They are a solid mower that cuts nice. So what's the big deal? It's all a global market.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have blinders on or are you just that naive?

orangemower
10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I love how whenever something's Chinese (yet when I looked online it said they're built in Nebraska) people blindly say garbage except the people that actually have used one say they're great.
Posted via Mobile Device

I went on their website. I clicked on factory view and all I got was Chinese writing.

Anyone that buys these mowers are not a true red blooded American. If you were, you'd do anything you could to support American made products. When you buy China made, all you're doing is helping them by digging us in a deeper hole.

orangemower
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
World Lawn is just a middle man. They get their cut when they sell a mower to a dealer but ultimately the lump sum goes to China. Slowly but surely our dollar is going to be worth nothing as all our currency is being sent to other countries. What does our idiot of a president do, prints more money. That's NOT how it works. With the support this country is giving China, we'll soon be living in the land of the United States of China. Hows that sound? If you like China THAT much that you want to support them then maybe you might want to move there and see what it's REALLY like. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

kawakx125
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
if they in fact do have a quality product that holds up over time for much less than an american made mower (where half the parts are from japan or china) then the american makers need to rethink their prices. i'm a fan of american made too but i'm also a fan of getting the most bang for my buck. especially in this economy. all of you that love the kawasaki motors on these, where the hell do you think they come from? it ain't an american made motor...

orangemower
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
if they in fact do have a quality product that holds up over time for much less than an American made mower (where half the parts are from japan or china) then the American makers need to rethink their prices. I'm a fan of American made too but I'm also a fan of getting the most bang for my buck. especially in this economy. all of you that love the Kawasaki motors on these, where the hell do you think they come from? it ain't an American made motor...

If we think like China prices, there would be sweat shops all over the country. Would you want to work all day in the heat for say $5.00? That's what they pay over in China for the "kids" that are assembling stuff.

Know one is talking about the engines in the mower. Scag has a jig and hundreds of thousands of dollars in updated equipment (probably more like millions) to manufacture their own machines. They pay skilled laborers to operate the plant and do specific jobs that a child shouldn't be doing.

I capitalized all of the A's in "American" for you by the way.

I like to save a buck too but if it's a American made product I'll be glad to pay a little more.

Oh yeah, half the parts are NOT made in China/Japan. Obviously they have to out source a few items but that's only because there isn't a U.S. manufacturer for the specific item which might be a fuse holder or a resistor. The end result is that the larger part of the mower is fabricated, manufactured and assembled in the USA.

dbear
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
...Anyone that buys these mowers are not a true red blooded American. If you were, you'd do anything you could to support American made products. When you buy China made, all you're doing is helping them by digging us in a deeper hole.
Do you wear shoes? Do you shop at Wal-Mart? If so, chances are you are supporting a Chinese business.

Chinese Manufacturing Statistics
Percent of worlds umbrellas made in China 70 %
Percent of worlds buttons made in China 60 %
Percent of Chinese goods sent to the U.S. that go to Wal-Mart 9 %
Percent of U.S. shoes made in China 72 %
Percent of U.S. artificial Christmas lights made in China 85 %
Percent of U.S. kitchen appliances made in China 50 %
Percent of U.S. toys made in China 50 %
http://www.statisticbrain.com/china-manufacturing-statistics/

cgaengineer
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Do you wear shoes? Do you shop at Wal-Mart? If so, chances are you are supporting a Chinese business.

Chinese Manufacturing Statistics
Percent of worlds umbrellas made in China 70 %
Percent of worlds buttons made in China 60 %
Percent of Chinese goods sent to the U.S. that go to Wal-Mart 9 %
Percent of U.S. shoes made in China 72 %
Percent of U.S. artificial Christmas lights made in China 85 %
Percent of U.S. kitchen appliances made in China 50 %
Percent of U.S. toys made in China 50 %
http://www.statisticbrain.com/china-manufacturing-statistics/

Any of you buy Fords, Chevys or Dodge...my Toyota is more American made.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami&story=amMade0709
Posted via Mobile Device

davidslawncare
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
This is fun! Haha

It's way more than a "few" bucks
Posted via Mobile Device

lotsagrass
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I'd wonder about all the 'little stuff' on these mowers. Thinking about my eXmark for example...even down to the bolts used, it's high quality. The bolts and other fasteners are the rust-proof type. I can't find anything that gets rusty on my mower. I've been very pleased with even those little details.

Keith
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
if they in fact do have a quality product that holds up over time for much less than an american made mower (where half the parts are from japan or china) then the american makers need to rethink their prices. i'm a fan of american made too but i'm also a fan of getting the most bang for my buck. especially in this economy. all of you that love the kawasaki motors on these, where the hell do you think they come from? it ain't an american made motor...

Remember that when someone says your prices are too high.

You guys can race to the bottom. Some of us have figured out there is ecosystem that gets destroyed from the bottom up when you let what could be considered slave labor take over and displace blue collar jobs.

There are things that have been lost for good. Lets not give away every damn thing.

antv20
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Can anyone provide pics of cut quality? I looked at one but ultimately decided I did not want to give my $$$ to China. Looking at the specs they seem like a lot of bang for the buck. Of course, there are a lot of things that look good on paper.

Ridin' Green
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Remember that when someone says your prices are too high.

You guys can race to the bottom. Some of us have figured out there is ecosystem that gets destroyed from the bottom up when you let what could be considered slave labor take over and displace blue collar jobs.

There are things that have been lost for good. Lets not give away every damn thing.

Exactly right bro!

larryinalabama
10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Looks like a good alternative to buying used.

GMLC
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
There is a reason dozens of Chinese mowers have come and gone over the years. China does not make good equipment, tools, fasteners or steel. Forget about the welds, or R&D needed to fabricate a deck with good cut quality.

We have no long term reviews, no cut quality pics and a mower that looks like it was put together in a garage. I dont take these kind of chances when my living depends on it!!

We pick apart the best mowers made in the world just imagine if we got our hands on one of these terds....
Posted via Mobile Device

davidslawncare
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Its a piece of garbage.

Proof please!? Other than ur comments. Have u run one? Do u own one?
Posted via Mobile Device

dahammer
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
There is a reason dozens of Chinese mowers have come and gone over the years. China does not make good equipment, tools, fasteners or steel. Forget about the welds, or R&D needed to fabricate a deck with good cut quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Correct, but they are good at taking somebody else's design and copying it. That way they don't have to invest in R&D, which allows them to bring it to market for even less money.

The way I approach these things is that I'll buy an American product first, even if it is a little more expensive. For me it's not even really about the American made products being superior, it's more about supporting my fellow American. I'll go out of my way to buy groceries, electronics, or whatever else I need from a locally owned mom & pop versus a chain store. But that's just me and my choice, everyone else is entitled to make their own choices.

Realslowww
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Hate to say this guys, as I own a couple of muscle cars and am as pro-american as any other red blooded american, but we sold a few this year. Let me say we are a Hustler, Walker, redhawk, and Big-dog dealer also. So far, the only problem we have had with the 5 units we sold, is one of the fuse olders went bad, and the fuse that powers up the wiring harness did'nt make contact. One machine is owned by a contractor that cuts foreclosures, so lots of times grass is 2-3 feet high. All mowers have 100-200 hours on them so far. How they will do in another 500 hours remains to be seen, but so far so good. We were selling 25 hp kawasaki's with 60" decks for 6700.00. Big Dogs are the next closest for 7500.00 Only time will tell. They run real pumps and wheel motors, and have bigger hydro reservoirs than Exmark. If you look at them, they are a copy of an Exmark, minus the horizontal engine, which means it's a straight shot for the blade belt, not a mule drive like an Exmark. Sorry to say, but if the US manufacturers don't lower their prices, your gonna see the same thing happen to the mower industry as you saw happen to the car industry. This is coming from a dealer who has only owned GM products since he started driving over 30 years ago.
Lowballers are killing your pricing, you can't be paying more and more for replacement mowers. Do the math. You guys need to band together and keep pricing up, instead of undercutting each other. I was in the Lawn Maintence end for over 15 years before becoming a dealer, and guys are cutting for less today than when I was. Back then, a brand new Wheelhorse CHAIN DRIVE 724 was $5500.00 with a Trac-vac. Now, just a fully loaded Z is almost double, and prices are lower.

We don't make our living in China, America is finished. Once they finish taking our ability away to take care of ourselves they are going to start hearding us around like cattle. So be it, the guy's who put this country together were wrong and the stupidity of the masses has proved it.

Bumpmaster
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Any who know where one can get a vanity Toro plate? Think it would look good on the front of the 2012 impreza just recently acquired.

cgaengineer
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Any who know where one can get a vanity Toro plate? Think it would look good on the front of the 2012 impreza just recently acquired.

How about an Exmark one you zipperhead supporting un American! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
How about an Exmark one you zipperhead supporting un American! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well that would prob look just as good. However never made a dime with Exmark?

orangemower
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Proof please!? Other than ur comments. Have u run one? Do u own one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would he own the piece of junk in the first place? I guess some people in this country don't care where it goes. They'd rather have that extra dollar and get junk.

larryinalabama
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
I guess one could purchase a used exmark POS for 5000$, it would be worn out and wont create any jobs.
Or one could pay 5000$ for a worldlawn that was brand new with the same engine, and was assembled in the us, that would help employ a few.

Or one could finance a new exmark and help the american banking system, unless they cant make the payments, in which the lco wolud ger hurt as well as the bank.

kawakx125
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
i highly doubt that any of the factories in america pay THAT well. I know what billy goat pays their assemblers and it's not that much. it all comes down to that bottom dollar and if you think even american manufacturers aren't cutting corners you are wrong.

Keith
10-01-2012, 10:16 PM
One more job...one less person on the dole.

Ridin' Green
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
One more job...one less person on the dole.

Again, right on.

One more job here, one less body who needs to take a handout from the corrupt govn't that is being financed by who......china. It's all tied together. This sorry bleeding heart crap that it's a world economy now, so we may as well go along to get along is a huge part of the problem. Keeping the money here as much as, and whenever possible makes us that much stronger, especially now when we really need it both for jobs and security. It also serves to keep the enemy (because that's what china really is) that much weaker. For pete's sake, those bastards hacked into the whitehouse today to try to get at the launch codes and details on when and where obama will be, and who will be gaurding him at any given moment. I think obama is totally uselss, but I hate the chinese gov't he depends on even more. They are the end beneficiary of the dollars we spends on crap made there.

larryinalabama
10-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Again, right on.

One more job here, one less body who needs to take a handout from the corrupt govn't that is being financed by who......china. It's all tied together. This sorry bleeding heart crap that it's a world economy now, so we may as well go along to get along is a huge part of the problem. Keeping the money here as much as, and whenever possible makes us that much stronger, especially now when we really need it both for jobs and security. It also serves to keep the enemy (because that's what china really is) that much weaker. For pete's sake, those bastards hacked into the whitehouse today to try to get at the launch codes and details on when and where obama will be, and who will be gaurding him at any given moment. I think obama is totally uselss, but I hate the chinese gov't he depends on even more. They are the end beneficiary of the dollars we spends on crap made there.

I guess you should never buy anuthing made in china ever again....good luck with that

Ridin' Green
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I guess you should never buy anuthing made in china ever again....good luck with that

Come on bro. That's just not reality right now unfortunately, and having the attitude that it's no use fighting it anymore is not helping the country out at all, but if people would simply refuse to buy as much crap from china as they possibly can, they would be helping to keep us safer and stronger here, and them weaker there since the chinese are so dependant on us for buying the vast bulk of the crap they make.

orangemower
10-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Again, right on.

One more job here, one less body who needs to take a handout from the corrupt govn't that is being financed by who......china. It's all tied together. This sorry bleeding heart crap that it's a world economy now, so we may as well go along to get along is a huge part of the problem. Keeping the money here as much as, and whenever possible makes us that much stronger, especially now when we really need it both for jobs and security. It also serves to keep the enemy (because that's what china really is) that much weaker. For pete's sake, those bastards hacked into the whitehouse today to try to get at the launch codes and details on when and where obama will be, and who will be gaurding him at any given moment. I think obama is totally uselss, but I hate the chinese gov't he depends on even more. They are the end beneficiary of the dollars we spends on crap made there. Amen bro....

I guess you should never buy anuthing made in china ever again....good luck with that You're part of the problem obviously. Do you speak Chinese? Great, now move there.Let us know how you like it if you live through it.

Come on bro. That's just not reality right now unfortunately, and having the attitude that it's no use fighting it anymore is not helping the country out at all, but if people would simply refuse to buy as much crap from china as they possibly can, they would be helping to keep us safer and stronger here, and them weaker there since the chinese are so dependent on us for buying the vast bulk of the crap they make.

Amen again my fellow American.

Richard Martin
10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
So be it, the guy's who put this country together were wrong and the stupidity of the masses has proved it.

No, they got it right. They also saw us screwing it up. They foresaw the stupidity of the masses. It has all been foretold by the likes of Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin. Even Dwight Eisenhower saw it coming and spoke about it often.

CptNut
10-02-2012, 10:51 PM
No, they got it right. They also saw us screwing it up. They foresaw the stupidity of the masses. It has all been foretold by the likes of Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin. Even Dwight Eisenhower saw it coming and spoke about it often.
Thank you Richard, you beat me too it! :usflag:

kawakx125
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM
if the country was run the way the constitution intended and no more then we wouldn't be in these problems. the government is involved in far too much

Richard Martin
10-03-2012, 05:03 AM
but if people would simply refuse to buy as much crap from china as they possibly can, they would be helping to keep us safer and stronger here, and them weaker there since the chinese are so dependant on us for buying the vast bulk of the crap they make.

I like to be honest about the China debate so I must speak up. The US is not China's biggest trading "partner". The European Union is.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/creating-opportunities/bilateral-relations/countries/china/

Ridin' Green
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I like to be honest about the China debate so I must speak up. The US is not China's biggest trading "partner". The European Union is.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/creating-opportunities/bilateral-relations/countries/china/

I was speaking of us as a country. Maybe I should have been more precise, but I think most got the idea/point.

larryinalabama
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Amen bro....

You're part of the problem obviously. Do you speak Chinese? Great, now move there.Let us know how you like it if you live through it.

Amen again my fellow American.

What problem am I part of, Nafta, gaft, global is good for all of us, according to democrats and republicans.

I do not speak Chinese its hard to learn because Hong Kong is different from mainland China, and the writing is not the same has what we use. Its not hare to find someone who speaks english in China.

Ive visited China and will say their cities are by far cleaner safer and more modern than most cities in the US, I have no plans to move there <hard to find food to my liking> but would like to visit again if I ever get the money do do it again.

Im not trying to be a anti Usa products, but if a exmark costs 10k, and I can buy a world lawn for 5k, both have the same engines, and good hydralics....that leaves me 5k to purchase the rest of my equiptment made in the USA? like Sthil <a German co.> Shindawia < a Japenese co.>

Then i will also have enought to buy a cup of coffee that comes from anothe country, and a tank of gas that most likley comes from another country.

nortonlawncare
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
So these mowers are no good because those red commie bastids own too much?
Posted via Mobile Device

dbear
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
So these mowers are no good because those red commie bastids own too much?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinkin' we're supposed to be thinkin'.:laugh:

Kingfish
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

How are the mowers doing?

GMLC
10-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Still waiting for cut quality pics!!??
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a friend in Bonham that sells them. He has Country Clipper, Husqavarna, and Dixie Chopper I believe too. He has done pretty good with them, and said they are holding up as good as anything else he offers. In his area, he said its all about price when they come in. I do believe they are assembled in Nebraska as Worldlawn has bought the old Dixon Plant in Beatrice I believe. I can honestly say it bothers me a little to see money go out of the US when it could be spent here, but it happens all the time on everything imaginable. For example, on the deck bearing here. The new Bad Boy bearing is double sized. The bearing from a Turkish company that has an assembly plant in China is retail like $29 each x6 bearings $156. If someone wants the american style I have them in stock too. They cost me $75 each at Purvis Bearing, thats $450 to replace them all. So its $294 extra to have american made on the bottom of your bearing. You can buy 3 sets of the Turkish bearing and honestly they are holding up just as long as the american, I see no difference in longetivity.
I think as a Country if we toughen up Tariffs on Imports to compensate for the cheaper operation and labor costs it will slow China products. Its sad when 1 person builds a house, buys his materials from China, pays for it to be shipped here, then trucked to location, he could be in his materials quite a bit less than if bought locally.
Actually talking to these Australian, Ukraine, and Great British people its the same way for them and America than us and China. An Australian can buy a Bad Boy Outlaw here for $6999, pay me to have it crated, delivered to California, then shipped to their country. They are in the machine well under $10000, but have no warranty. Same machine is over $13000 there, and some do it that way because even if motor went out they could order motor from here and be in motor less than $1500. The big difference is our country builds much better mowers than their country for less money so they go to the trouble. One of these days China is gonna realize that knock-off is not the best, once they figure out they can build a better mower or car than we have and offer for thousands less, we will have no choice.
My posts are like writing books, sorry...lol

LawnMowerKing10
10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
GMLC- I keep forgetting my apologies. I will get some up ASAP

dstifel
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
I would rather buy something that is assembled here. Plants employ a lot of people. Most "american" companies items are assembled overseas and shipped back here. Sure the CEO's and big wigs sit here in their fancy offices but what percentage of the company is made up by the CEO's. Atleast being assembled here they are helping employ people.

LawnMowerKing10
10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
World Lawn is assembled in the US

Mowingman
10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Actually, Worldlawn bought out Encore, and is using their factory in Beatrice.

dstifel
10-24-2012, 10:16 PM
That is the point I'm making

C Jovingo Landscaping
10-24-2012, 11:09 PM
You guys saying you would pay a little more for American, should be saying you would buy American no matter what the price difference is. I don't consider double the price a little more. $5000 vs $6000 for same machine is a little more, $5000 vs $10,000 is not little! Sorry, but it hit a nerve when i read, "pay a little more"

Church2224
10-24-2012, 11:26 PM
The Worldlawn mowers just look cheap and do not have the reputation that the likes of Scag, Toro, Exmark, ect have. How is the cut quality? How long is it expected to last for a full time LCO? What is the quality of the steel they use ?

I do not care where it was made, but I will pay much more for something that is quality and built well.

If you want something that is priced well, of great build quality and made in the USA get a Snapper Pro.

944own
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Had to have my exmark lazer serviced for a oil leak. It was the hose that goes to the oil cooler. On the side of the hose (made in China). Guess I should have not bought a exmark. LOL

Dave
10-31-2012, 08:19 PM
It is to late for the american ZTR , as there is a well known company with the made in the usa label, that uses parts that are made in China and assembled in Thailand .

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-31-2012, 10:22 PM
It is to late for the american ZTR , as there is a well known company with the made in the usa label, that uses parts that are made in China and assembled in Thailand .

Not if your running a Scag. It has the most American made parts of any brand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you for the info my man. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you for the info my man. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

This is Scag's latest video on the website. Seeing American workers machining deck spindles and wheel mounts is so refreshing......:usflag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45X1PLFVn-c

Kingfish
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM

Sharp how are the cobras holding up?

TPendagast
11-17-2012, 11:08 PM
SO I'm confused the pics of a world lawn cobra look identical to a TORO mower? They have to be making this under some kind of license?

Richard Martin
11-18-2012, 05:50 AM
SO I'm confused the pics of a world lawn cobra look identical to a TORO mower? They have to be making this under some kind of license?

It is similar, yes. But there aren't but so many ways that a mower can look.

johnvosburg
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM

Yes ! I am cutting cheaper, but was not wining jobs at the higher prices.

johnvosburg
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
NOTHING IS 100% AMERICAN MADE ANY MORE. I buy what my budget can afford. 10,000 for a exmark in not going to happen in my book.

944own
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
NOTHING IS 100% AMERICAN MADE ANY MORE. I buy what my budget can afford. 10,000 for a exmark in not going to happen in my book.

Its not gonna happen at the dealer either. Have you seen the price of the new ones. Its getting out of hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

HenryB
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I was also around the auto industry before the Japanese car invasion. It really was american arrogance that did the big three in. They were producing garbage in the 70's and 80's knew it and could care less. Worst part they were capable of making great vehicles. They would call Toyota Honda and Nissan Jap crap, make statements like "the sun rises and sets when GM says". Really stupid stuff. I'm not saying what Exmark Scag Deere etc should do except not to underestimate anyone. Maybe think about pricing. After Exmark quoted me almost $10000 for a walkbehind brand loyalty erodes quickly.

kc2006
03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Ill post pics of a friends world lawn mower he just picked up later today. Has 200 hours, he got the warranty transferred to him and only paid $2000. We retrofit an exmark ultravac he had to it because he didn't like their baggers.
Posted via Mobile Device

kc2006
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Here's a pic of the mower. Not bad for $3000 total investment and about 6 hours getting the bagger fit. He was a diehard exmark guy for 18 years but the crazy prices they want anymore made him decide to try worldlawn. We'll see how it does this year.

johnvosburg
03-11-2013, 10:22 AM

I know kawaski are made or built in IL. Only down side is, it is a no usa company. Just like toyota.

johnvosburg
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I was also around the auto industry before the Japanese car invasion. It really was american arrogance that did the big three in. They were producing garbage in the 70's and 80's knew it and could care less. Worst part they were capable of making great vehicles. They would call Toyota Honda and Nissan Jap crap, make statements like "the sun rises and sets when GM says". Really stupid stuff. I'm not saying what Exmark Scag Deere etc should do except not to underestimate anyone. Maybe think about pricing. After Exmark quoted me almost $10000 for a walkbehind brand loyalty erodes quickly.

That is alot for a walkbehind. Exmark prices are way to high. I will take my chances with my cheaper mower. cause belts dont last for ever. I have a 36" Bradley walkbehind. The only thing that broke on it was the belt. The rest of my problems was self done.

LawnMowerKing10
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
They are assembled in the Encore plant.

Richard Martin
03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
You guys act like the sun rises and sets when Exmark says. I have news for you. There are competitively priced American made mowers and lots of them. Bobcat, Ferris, Hustler, Grasshopper, Gravely. The list goes on well beyond this. Exmark has priced themselves out of the market. So? That doesn't mean you have to go running for the cheapest piece of crap out there.

ddixon7
03-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I know kawaski are made or built in IL. Only down side is, it is a no usa company. Just like toyota.

Maybe there too, but I know a lot of Kawasaki lawn mower engines are assembled in Missouri. I think the parts are made in Japan. Just like a Redmax, built in Japan, assembled in America.

I have no problem buying quality Japanese or German stuff. China is a our enemy, I don't want to purchase from them. Plus, China manufactures junk 90% of the time.

DXN1EL
03-11-2013, 11:26 PM
I have a 28" walk behind it is a walk behind single belt to drive each single tire steel spindles don't have a grease thing where you put grease gun but I take the pulley out steel pulley and lift the spacer and that way i can grease them it has debre shield it is a solid machine

I am just staring in this business (I am 19) if God let me live longer I will try my best to stay away from this Chinese stuff and get the FORD F250 (God Bless Henry Ford) that I want I hopefully will be buying a Grasshopper 321D 48"

Jig hook
06-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Sharp how are the cobras holding up?

I looked at toro, scag today...I have a John Deere...piece of junk...then I saw the cobras an demoed one...very smooth an extra 2000 in pocket..Im sold... Heck they built the engine..most important part of a chinese mower:hammerhead:

Jig hook
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
I looked at toro, scag today...I have a John Deere...piece of junk...then I saw the cobras an demoed one...very smooth an extra 2000 in pocket..Im sold... Heck they built the engine..most important part of a chinese mower:hammerhead:

Well I guess the engine parts are Japan made..whatever.. Also
Like how easy it is to remove float bowl below carb...to clean out crap.. I also have a scag walk behind..it does good..but I'm not payin 10 grand.. For there z.

vegandude
06-01-2013, 10:49 PM
A lot of lco's have no issue with paying big bucks for the snoot factor of owning a certain brand or piece of equipment, I SURE AS IN HELL DO. The only way we can get these big corporations attention to the fact that we know we are being screwed by them is by NOT buying their product. I will buy American first when possible but, I won't pay big money to get shafted.

jkilov
06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Though my next ZTR purchase won't be cheap ($10-$11k) I'm not giving these china items a look.

In china there's no patent protection whatsoever, greedy companies go to china, establish/invest in factories and set up the know-how to make them work so a rich fatman can put more money in his pocket. That know-how and knowledge is stolen and re-stolen on a daily basis which has been going on for so long that china doesn't even need to copy others. But to their amazement rich American hyperidiots still keep coming :usflag:.

For $2000 per mower I'm not wasting my children's future, even if it means buying overpriced American goods.

You can keep your 100% made in PRC stuff to yourself thank you.

Richard Martin
06-03-2013, 05:38 AM
There are American owned and manufactured mowers that don't cost an arm and a leg. Look at the Hustlers and Bobcats. Both are fine mowers with models across the price range.

TMlawncare
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Most of the Kawasaki motors are built in Maryville, Mo.

S & L Lawn Solutions LLC.
09-16-2013, 06:26 AM
:usflag: this can on and on..lol

PenningsLandscaping
09-17-2013, 07:00 PM

These mowers are straight up garbage. You get what you pay for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
09-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Did not notice the price tag on the machine, it was given to me as a loner due to the fact that my Toro had power issues.

Mowingman
09-17-2013, 09:57 PM
As I understand it, some of the Worldlawn machines are of "Worldlawn" design, and some are the old Encore models. The Encore models would not be "junk".

PenningsLandscaping
09-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Did not notice the price tag on the machine, it was given to me as a loner due to the fact that my Toro had power issues.

They aren't timecutter big box store cheap, but they're a couple grand under similar models by top manufacturers.
Posted via Mobile Device

PenningsLandscaping
09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
As I understand it, some of the Worldlawn machines are of "Worldlawn" design, and some are the old Encore models. The Encore models would not be "junk".

Yeah, world lawn purchased encore. I haven't heard anything about the encore/worldlawn ones. Just world lawns' machines are no good. It'd be great if they were good, cause we'd all be using them laughing all the way to the bank.
Posted via Mobile Device

johnvosburg
09-18-2013, 12:53 PM
So are these good or bad mowers.

Bagit
09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Encore is trying to make a comeback it would seem. Just got the brochure from a dealer. On the back it says:

Built with pride in the Midwest. Built in Beatrice, Nebraska.

Sorry guys, don't know diddly about Worldlawn's stuff.

LawnMowerKing10
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM
World Lawn did buy Encore. They operate out of the NE plant. The new World Lawn mowers look identical to Encore's just with the World Lawn name.

Richard Martin
09-18-2013, 05:39 PM
It's nice to know that resistance is not futile. Members of Lawnsite and other boards across the nation put the word out on these Chinese mowers and forced them to resort to extreme measures to sell their mowers. The Chinese have taken over manufacturing of thousands of formerly American made products, but our mowers will not be one of them. Hail to God Fearing - Red White and Blue blooded Americans everywhere! :usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

LibertyFarmLandscaping
09-18-2013, 05:41 PM
It's nice to know that resistance is not futile. Members of Lawnsite and other boards across the nation put the word out on these Chinese mowers and forced them to resort to extreme measures to sell their mowers. The Chinese have taken over manufacturing of thousands of formerly American made products, but our mowers will not be one of them. Hail to God Fearing - Red White and Blue blooded Americans everywhere! :usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Amen brother!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
09-18-2013, 08:24 PM

Same from me Richard. You and I have always been in complete agreement on this subject in all the many threads that have been here.

God bless the USA
(in spite of the idiots in power at the moment:rolleyes:).

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

johnnyb01
09-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

other than the fact that the company is chinese, what makes them garbage? or more precise, other than the fact that they are a USA based company, what makes a exmark/scag/ferris/gravely worth 2000-3000 more than these machines?

johnnyb01
09-20-2013, 01:59 AM
SCAG SVR52V-730FX V-Ride Hydro StandOn Zero Turn
Regular Price: $8,925.00

Special Price: $8,199.99

World Lawn Stand-On WYS52FX730V Zero Turn
$5,799.99

SKU SC-SVR52V-730FX WL-WYS52FX730V
Engine Displacement 726cc 730cc 26HP
Dry Weight 860 lbs. 895 lbs.
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.5 gal. 5 gal
Commercial Warranty 2 years 3 Years (10-Year Deck Shell Warranty)
Tires 11X4-5/20X10.5-8 11X4.00-5/18X9.5-8
Frame Type steel Reinforced Steel
Engine Type 730FX Kawasaki Air-cooled Kawasaki FX730V
Starting System Electric Electric
Transmission 10cc Hydraulic Pumps Hydro-Gear 10 cc Pumps
MPN SVR52V-730FX WYS52FX730V
Residential Warranty 3 years 3 Years (10-Year Deck Shell Warranty)
Cutting Height 1.5" - 4.5" 1.5 in to 4.5 in.
Style Stand-On Stand-On
Cutting Width 52 Inch 52 Inch
Overall Width 65.25" 56 in (W/ deflector up 53")

using the examples above (found here using comparison tool http://www.wisesales.com/lawn-mowers/commercial-mowers.html
) scag info on left world lawn on right

Scag V-ride vs World Lawn Ride on, both running the same kaw motor and a 52 deck...what makes the Scag worth almost $3150 more? they look almost identical on paper with the exception being the world lawn gives a 3 yr commercial warrenty vs Scags 2 yr

johnnyb01
09-22-2013, 11:23 PM
bump......

Bumpmaster
11-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Great for backup.

vegandude
11-18-2013, 10:43 PM
I know I'm interested in one but I do worry about how long for parts when something suddenly breaks. My quickie 32 piece of garbage taught me that local dealer support is vital.

cman14141414
11-18-2013, 11:34 PM
I own one of these mowers, they use way more parts and cheaper parts at that making them harder to fix and more time in the shop, more things that can and will break on them. You get what you pay for. They are sub-par machines. They will get the job done just not as fast and not as good as exmark, scat, hustler, Toro, etc. Unfortunately it was all I could afford, 28" WB Owner. For those thinking your getting the same more for less $$$, you couldn't be more naïve. Don't buy this junk, your better off buying used, I just didn't know better at the time and was new to the industry. Stay away!

DXN1EL
11-22-2013, 05:40 PM
using the examples above (found here using comparison tool http://www.wisesales.com/lawn-mowers/commercial-mowers.html
) scag info on left world lawn on right

Scag V-ride vs World Lawn Ride on, both running the same kaw motor and a 52 deck...what makes the Scag worth almost $3150 more? they look almost identical on paper with the exception being the world lawn gives a 3 yr commercial warrenty vs Scags 2 yr

Look at this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSLh90d_Ag&feature=youtube_gdata)
I don't think that crap can be close to a V Ride

LawnMowerKing10
11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks closer to a Grandstand.

35DollarLawns
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
It is an absolute great mower. I demoed one this season with a cobra as well and they both worked good but the cobra was to big so I went with the venom stander.
My only co
Plaint in 490.2 hours is the brake switch will not engage/disengage right. When starting it will sometimes do nothing . I need to adjust the switch is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvs99560
11-25-2013, 09:17 AM
When I was in my teens 15 years ago I remember a guy using 2 World lawn mowers for his business. We lived out in the county so people would mow 1-3 acres around the house and let the rest grow up for hay. I got ahold of the guy and he has since bought new World lawn mowers. Personally, I like my little gravely. But if the price is right...

The Gardener's crew
11-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Don't own World lawn unit. There use to be a dealer in my area though. I use to own a Redhawk hydro mower. Everybody is stuck on name brand. World lawn, Red hawk, Bradley, and others use the same engines, pumps, wheel motors, blades, and other parts. They are a lot cheaper because they don't spent my on advertising and other things. My only problem would be warranty work because there is no dealer in my area.

Richard Martin
11-25-2013, 03:36 PM
They are a lot cheaper because they don't spent my on advertising and other things.

They're cheaper because the steel parts are manufactured in communist China by people earning slave wages.

There is such a thing as making a choice to buy something made overseas simply because it's cheaper and then there's buying something from overseas because it's the only option. I fall into the second category, you fall into the first.

The Gardener's crew
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Who are you to judge me!!! I fall in my category, not yours. Where do you live... lol. In a Bubble. I bet you're in Walmart every week buying stuff made in China and every where else.

Dr. Cornwallis
11-25-2013, 08:14 PM
They look like everything else from China. The deck looks like a rip off of the Gravely X Factor deck. If the quality is like most of the things from China then... you get what you pay for.

Richard Martin
11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Where do you live... lol. In a Bubble. I bet you're in Walmart every week buying stuff made in China and every where else.

Greenville NC.

The Gardener's crew
11-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah home of Walmart and all the other stuff made from China. This is a free market. People like you amaze me. People can buy what they want to buy (legal product).

DXN1EL
11-30-2013, 12:03 AM
I was looking at their website. They redesign the 28" and they have a 36" Hydro, the thing has pumps and wheel motors.

The Gardener's crew
11-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah. I think the hydro pumps are zt2800. These machines are all the same basically with same parts and different frames. What's funny is people keep coming on lawn site saying zero turn mowers made from China are made cheap........ A LIE....... same hydro pumps, pulleys, belts, engines, and tires are all the same. The big name brands (Gravely, Exmark, Scag etc,) who spend thousands of dollars advertising have bearings, relays, and switches that are made from China. Do these idiots (China haters) know how much stuff is imported from China to the US. You can not get around without buying anything from China. If I had a dealer in my area I would save thousands of dollar. Same mower different brand for $3000 cheaper.

DXN1EL
11-30-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.worldlawn.com/products/walk-behinds/36-2/
It does look good. It has 10cc pumps and Parker wheel motors.
I haven't check on my dealer but I found this http://www.beavervalleysupply.com/sectionb/worldlawn.htm
It's listed for $3,499

35DollarLawns
12-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Their king cobra is the stuff. They had it side by side at the GIE with their regular cobra and it looked monstrous . It was a 12-15 mph mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

35DollarLawns
12-01-2013, 03:44 AM
They dont show the king cobra on the site DXN1EL posted. Wait until that start it's production this spring.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
There is such a thing as not having a choice and having a choice. You chose to buy Chinese products, I don't have a choice. Get away from the dark side and come over to the light side.

Bumpmaster
12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
There is such a thing as not having a choice and having a choice. You chose to buy Chinese products, I don't have a choice. Get away from the dark side and come over to the light side.

Luke, I am your Father.

DXN1EL
12-01-2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.worldlawn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/36-hydro.jpg

$3,499. :cool2:

GMLC
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I choose to not buy Chinese built machines. China has no reguard for labor laws, patents, environmental laws and uses inferior steel.
Posted via Mobile Device

echo
12-01-2013, 08:21 PM
http://www.worldlawn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/36-hydro.jpg

$3,499. :cool2:
$500 more will get you a Snapper Pro. A great machine that will last and is still worth something if/when you're done with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
12-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Do these idiots (China haters)

You know how you can tell when someone knows their wrong. They start using insults to support their argument.

Yes I'm a China hater and for a very good reason. They are not our friends and they will not stop until they dominate the world and advance their communist agenda on everybody. They only support the US Dollar because it suits them. As soon as they think the time is right, they will dump their 1 trillion dollars in holdings and crash our monetary system.

We cannot even wage war without their help at this point in time. We no longer possess the ability to make our own weapons of war. For God's sake, we can't even make the freaking lead for bullets any more. They just closed the last lead smelter that was on US soil. Ref. https://www.google.com/search?q=closed+the+last+lead+smelter+that+was+on+US+soil&oq=closed+the+last+lead+smelter+that+was+on+US+soil&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I hope you speak Mandarin because you're going to need it.

larryinalabama
12-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Obama is a bigger threat too the US than China ever was.

Chinese products are now of high quality and are still priced reasonabley.

Most heavy machinery is coming out of China and India, when the US Government provides a businesss friendly environment the business will return, until then alaways purchase whats best for business and personal needs.

I would think WorldLawn Products would be preferred over buying used equiptment.

vegandude
12-01-2013, 09:03 PM
figured I would add another two cents worth. Last wednesday I stripped all hopefully sellable parts from my quickie 32 (made in america) mower and scrapped all heavy deck parts to the recycle bin. The mower had probably less than 500 hours on it but I could not keep a drive belt intact on it. BOP was good about sending me parts and trying to work with me but when I asked them to buy the POS back, they basically told me to stick it. I will never again buy anything but major brand name. I had almost bought the scag 32" but it was $1000 more with no sulky or bag. That dumbass decision basically cost me $3200. Local dealer backed by a major brand name is the only way to go!!!!!!!

larryinalabama
12-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I bought a BOP in 2008 and still use it commercially nearly every day 1250 hours and still going. Id buy another one if they still made them.

The Gardener's crew
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
You know how you can tell when someone knows their wrong. They start using insults to support their argument.

Yes I'm a China hater and for a very good reason. They are not our friends and they will not stop until they dominate the world and advance their communist agenda on everybody. They only support the US Dollar because it suits them. As soon as they think the time is right, they will dump their 1 trillion dollars in holdings and crash our monetary system.

We cannot even wage war without their help at this point in time. We no longer possess the ability to make our own weapons of war. For God's sake, we can't even make the freaking lead for bullets any more. They just closed the last lead smelter that was on US soil. Ref. https://www.google.com/search?q=closed+the+last+lead+smelter+that+was+on+US+soil&oq=closed+the+last+lead+smelter+that+was+on+US+soil&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I hope you speak Mandarin because you're going to need it.

Man.... Wake up... You sound like you live in a whole in the ground. Your argument is plain Dumb. How you gonna convince people what they can buy and what they can't. LEGAL PRODUCT..... get it.

The Gardener's crew
12-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Man.... Wake up... You sound like you live in a whole in the ground. Your argument is plain Dumb. How you gonna convince people what they can buy and what they can't. LEGAL PRODUCT..... get it.

Correction.... A DEEP HOLE IN THE GROUND.

DXN1EL
12-02-2013, 04:41 PM
?????????????????? (http://www.richardsonsaw.com/scag-swz-36-hydro-drive-walk-behind.html)

Valk
12-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I bought a BOP in 2008 and still use it commercially nearly every day 1250 hours and still going. Id buy another one if they still made them.

Amen. I run/own (2) Q32s with one as a backup always ready go. They've been super reliable and leave a great cut.

Sorry to hear of your situation, vegandude.

SaberLawnCare
12-02-2013, 09:19 PM

His argument is actually spot on. His argument includes facts, cheap labor bordering on slavery, horrible work conditions, no safety precautions. They are communists and don't want the US around. All China has to do is call in our debt and then own us without one bullet fired.

Your argument is calling him names and telling him his head is in the ground. There are no facts proving him wrong.

In case you didn't know, "living in a hole in the ground" suits you more than Richard. He actually KNOWS current facts about China and you seem oblivious to the fact on how China operates and why Chinese products are so cheap.

DXN1EL
12-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I thought mfg moved to China because over there the gov don't mind if nothing grow (weed, grass, or trees) around the manufacturer's state.

The Gardener's crew
12-04-2013, 12:36 PM
His argument is actually spot on. His argument includes facts, cheap labor bordering on slavery, horrible work conditions, no safety precautions. They are communists and don't want the US around. All China has to do is call in our debt and then own us without one bullet fired.

Your argument is calling him names and telling him his head is in the ground. There are no facts proving him wrong.

In case you didn't know, "living in a hole in the ground" suits you more than Richard. He actually KNOWS current facts about China and you seem oblivious to the fact on how China operates and why Chinese products are so cheap.

FREE TRADE... GET IT...... It don't matter how I say it.... FREE TRADE..... Until it change then you and all your other buddies need to stay out of WALMART.... DO YOU GET IT.

DXN1EL
12-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Worldlawn add some videos to their channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0IJzwK2rd9G6TtxtNOUyuA/videos

GMLC
12-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Ive been asking for cut quality pics for over a year. I checked out the videos and the cut quality and build are not impressive to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device

35DollarLawns
12-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Ive been asking for cut quality pics for over a year. I checked out the videos and the cut quality and build are not impressive to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have pics of cut quality of the viper but I can not load a picture here, would be glad to e-mail them. They stripe good in fescue not as good on Bermuda.
Posted via Mobile Device

DXN1EL
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Here is the pic of the Viper

zwhit81
12-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I like my mowers like I like my women:MADE IN THE USA!

gulfjoe
12-13-2013, 07:53 AM
I have been following this thread pretty closely and I have now decided to put my $0.02 in, so take it for what its worth I am new to the business, and no where near as experienced as some you guys.

I started my company in Feb of 2013 as a side gig. I knew I needed a "commercial mower" and I started looking. being that I borrowed money from myself I was on a tight budget. When I saw the prices on Scags, Exmarks Walkers etc etc I figured my business was over before I even cut my first lawn. Then I found World Lawn. I was like hey this looks just as good as the Exmarks. I started reading specs and was comparing them and was not seeing a huge difference. Then I started reading on here, and it was about a 50/50 split between good machine and garbage. Well I wound up purchasing one, 36" belt drive WB... I have had my fair share of issues with it, being that I am an Jet Engine Mechanic and Machinist I was able to engineer a fix for the issues I was having. here is a link to that thread...
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=405942

I had poor dealer support, and I mad e a mistake in purchasing it in Atlanta and i live 150 miles from there.

beside that problem I really have not had any issues with the mower. It cuts well, no engine issues, fairly reliable, BUT I wish i bought a Big name mower. Parts are a BIOTCH to find and you normally have to shop 3 different online stores to find what you need, there hardly any aftermarket stuff for it. No one makes blades for it, i finally got my hands on some mulching blades.

Reasons I bought it....

$$$$$$, it was cheaper and I was starting out.
I liked the fact that I could buy a brand new mower for 3k and get a 2 year warranty instead of spending 3k on a 3 year old WB that looked like it just came out of a war zone.

I am currently in the market for a ZTR or a Stander, not sure what I am going to do with the World Lawn.

For a new guy getting started WITHOUT supplemental income like I have, it's a great mower to get you on your feet till you can get a HIGH END mower. If I could do it over, i would have just bit the bullet and bought a new hydro scag and worried about paying for it later.

I attached 2 "cut quality" photos. Bermuda Lawn in south GA in June

zwhit81
12-13-2013, 09:37 AM
I would never buy one because of the issue with parts. Also, if you cannot work on it yourself odds are a local mechanic will have no experience with them either. Good luck with any customer service too.

gulfjoe
12-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I would never buy one because of the issue with parts. Also, if you cannot work on it yourself odds are a local mechanic will have no experience with them either. Good luck with any customer service too.

Customer service was an issue, actually there was none. I was in contact with 2 engineers, they were somewhat helpful they just sent a box of new parts and my local dealer installed them. The. The same problem came back and I fabricated a nylon bushing for the piece that kept wearing out and haven't had an issue since.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
12-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the cut quality pics guys. Those are the first I have seen. Appears not to provide a table top smooth finish. More of a shagy look. Stripes look to be just ok. I suspect not much R&D went into the deck. Wonder how it handles hills? Chassis/frame also probably got very little R&D.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Penny saved is a penny earned N'At!

Mrhiggins
05-23-2014, 01:42 PM
All the statements about the Worldlawn mowers being made in China? Since when is Beatrice, Nebraska in Asia? Their parent company is Chinese owned but the product is made in Nebraska.

Richard Martin
05-23-2014, 03:08 PM
All the statements about the Worldlawn mowers being made in China? Since when is Beatrice, Nebraska in Asia? Their parent company is Chinese owned but the product is made in Nebraska.

Assembled in USA with Chinese steel.

DXN1EL
05-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Who says Scag, Gravely aand others doesn't have "Chinesse steel"?

Mrhiggins
05-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Assembled in USA with Chinese steel.

The reason I posted my original comment was because I went to a Worldlawn dealer yesterday to look at their new King Cobra, I'm am in the market for a new mower and so far have looked at Gravely and Scag and now Worldlawn. The dealer and all the brochures say the machines are made in Nebraska. Granted, nothing I read nor the dealer mentioned where the steel comes from so if you have inside information that the steel is from China, would you please let me know where you obtained this. Many earlier posts claimed the mowers were made in China and of course that was wrong. Thanks a lot.

Mowingman
05-24-2014, 12:29 AM
As far as I know, Worldlawn mowers are designed and built in China. They MAY BE ASSEMBLED in the old Encore plant in Nebraska. I am not sure where assembly takes place.
Worldlawn did, in fact, buy out Encore. Some models of the Encore machines are back in production at the old Encore factory. I do not know the models that are the old Encore designs, but, I believe they are only being sold under the Encore name, not the Worldlawn name.
Maybe someone has some more details on all this.

Bagit
05-24-2014, 12:49 AM
I know the encore hydro 36" walk is the WL hydro 36". Check it out and see if the Zero-turn is really an Encore. Go with a good dealer and you'll be fine.

Mrhiggins
05-24-2014, 12:56 AM
As far as I know, Worldlawn mowers are designed and built in China. They MAY BE ASSEMBLED in the old Encore plant in Nebraska. I am not sure where assembly takes place.
Worldlawn did, in fact, buy out Encore. Some models of the Encore machines are back in production at the old Encore factory. I do not know the models that are the old Encore designs, but, I believe they are only being sold under the Encore name, not the Worldlawn name.
Maybe someone has some more details on all this.

Unfortunately "As far as I know" "Made in China" "May be assembled"...None of this sounds like facts only guesses or speculations. The original questions about Worldlawn were asked because someone wanted to know about the products. I, as well, wondered if anyone knew first hand because I am considering a Cobra or King Cobra. So far, almost all that has been written is not fact but guesses or false information about where they are designed, assembled and source of materials. I would never answer a members question unless I was sure about the answer with facts to back it up.

lsylvain
06-25-2014, 10:09 PM
I just picked up a King Cobra yesterday and here is why.

Called my husqvarna dealer that I have dealt with for a long time about what they had in stock (dealer is an hour away) said he would call back.

Ran down to toro dealer where I buy all my 2 stroke stuff and parts to price out a zmaster. $9,000 for a 60" with a stinking kawi fx730 engine which is not nearly enough hps for what I do. They had nothing else in stock.

So I descided I was going to go down and stop in at this new dealer I heard about. And saw the worldlawn king cobra, and my first thought was, that is an effing xmark. Then I dug into the machine. Kawi FX801 engine, hydro gear zt5400's, suspension seat, simple deck asjustment, 24x12x12 tires. 12mph forward speen 14 gallon fuel tanks, for $8200. Compare that to toros 8 gallon fuel and 8 mph and smaller tires. It was a no brainer for me. I bought it without even sitting on it.

Then I ran it. And it cut fantastic and is comfortable, and fast. I'd be lying if I'm not sitting here waiting for things to start falling off it. But really I can have $1000 worth of problems and I still come out better.

It took the Husqvarna dealer 30 hours to call me back to sell me a $10,000 machine.

I picked up the mulch kit for the mower when I bought it but didnt put it on until today and found out they accidentally gave me the wrong one. I called the dealer and he called me back in 5 minutes to tell me they are next daying me the right one. Husqvarna screwed up one time and ordered the wrong hydro pumps for me and it took them two weeks to get them to me and another two weeks to put them on.

We've done about 30 lawns with it so far and I am nothing but impressed. Time will tell how it holds up.

Richard Martin
06-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately "As far as I know" "Made in China" "May be assembled"...None of this sounds like facts only guesses or speculations. The original questions about Worldlawn were asked because someone wanted to know about the products. I, as well, wondered if anyone knew first hand because I am considering a Cobra or King Cobra. So far, almost all that has been written is not fact but guesses or false information about where they are designed, assembled and source of materials. I would never answer a members question unless I was sure about the answer with facts to back it up.

This has been discussed for years. I went through a few years ago and posted all of the links to the company website including some pics of their new plant in China. I'm not going to keep going back and digging this stuff up over and over again. WorldLawn is a Chinese company, pure and simple. At one time all of the steel in the mowers was fabricated in China. WorldLawn has bought Encore. Now I don't know where the steel in the Encore originated mowers comes from, but it makes zero sense for WorldLawn to move their steel manufacturing for their WorldLawn originated mowers from China to the US.

If you would like to track where their shipments are coming from their shipments are tracked by this website. The example shipment info shows a shipment to WorldLawn from JIANGSU WORLD PLANT PROTECTING MACH and the shipment contained LAWN MOWERS. The shipment was dated June 20, 2014.

http://panjiva.com/Worldlawn-Power-Equipment-Inc/5124668

LawnMowerKing10
06-25-2014, 11:11 PM
I really like my Word Lawn 36 inch walk behind. Almost at 300 hours and the only thing I have had to replace is one drive belt. If you maintain the mower, it will treat you well.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I just picked up a King Cobra yesterday and here is why.

Called my husqvarna dealer that I have dealt with for a long time about what they had in stock (dealer is an hour away) said he would call back.

Ran down to toro dealer where I buy all my 2 stroke stuff and parts to price out a zmaster. $9,000 for a 60" with a stinking kawi fx730 engine which is not nearly enough hps for what I do. They had nothing else in stock.

So I descided I was going to go down and stop in at this new dealer I heard about. And saw the worldlawn king cobra, and my first thought was, that is an effing xmark. Then I dug into the machine. Kawi FX801 engine, hydro gear zt5400's, suspension seat, simple deck asjustment, 24x12x12 tires. 12mph forward speen 14 gallon fuel tanks, for $8200. Compare that to toros 8 gallon fuel and 8 mph and smaller tires. It was a no brainer for me. I bought it without even sitting on it.

Then I ran it. And it cut fantastic and is comfortable, and fast. I'd be lying if I'm not sitting here waiting for things to start falling off it. But really I can have $1000 worth of problems and I still come out better.

It took the Husqvarna dealer 30 hours to call me back to sell me a $10,000 machine.

I picked up the mulch kit for the mower when I bought it but didnt put it on until today and found out they accidentally gave me the wrong one. I called the dealer and he called me back in 5 minutes to tell me they are next daying me the right one. Husqvarna screwed up one time and ordered the wrong hydro pumps for me and it took them two weeks to get them to me and another two weeks to put them on.

We've done about 30 lawns with it so far and I am nothing but impressed. Time will tell how it holds up.

When you figure in downtime not just the cost to repair the the mower that $1000 dollars of lost revenue will add up quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nwatson99
06-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Any of you buy Fords, Chevys or Dodge...my Toyota is more American made.
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh: I had to comment on this post, Toyota is Japanese and not a chinese.
Huge difference and very piss poor example in this semi china loving topic.
But you are correct about the Camry, 58% of it is made in the state of Ky and is one of the most American made cars on the road today, along with Honda and Subaru, but they are a far cry and nothing remotely close to chinese made junk.

I have spent the last 15 minutes looking at every photo I can find for this "king cobra" ztr and I can see designs and examples of almost all American manufactured mowers in it.
The reason you see this is happening and we have billy klinton to thank for this mess to begin with, klinton signed nafta in 1994 is what drove our companies out of this country.

Now this topic seems pretty split and my opinion if you are an American you need to buy American and prevent from spending one penny in china you can.
I just cannot figure why some of you are so proud to have bought this mower knowing it was made in china to save a few dollars and take a sale away from a American working in a plant here in America.
Me personally I pick up items and specifically look for things made in the USA and if it is more expensive for the same item made here or over there I will spend the extra money.

Mowingman
06-26-2014, 12:11 AM
I hope it does a fine job for you. I know it is nice to "Buy American" as much as possible. However, when it comes to major pruchase decisions that affect your livelyhood, then you gotta do what is best for you personally.
Look at all the big American contractors that buy Komatsu, Doosan, and Hitachi equipment instead of Cat or J.D. They could not stay in business buying those higher cost machines day in and day out.
Let us know how the machine works for you as you accumulate hours on it.
My motto: "Buy American, (as much as possible).

lsylvain
06-26-2014, 12:11 AM
When you figure in downtime not just the cost to repair the the mower that $1000 dollars of lost revenue will add up quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device

First let me say that as far as lost revenue due to down time on my end is irrelevant. I'm in FL and we do year round flat rate contracts so unless I'm down for a week there is no revenue difference, and for that to happen every mower I have would have to crap out on the same day.

And secondly the primary components (engine, and hydros) that would need to break to shut the whole mower down are the same parts that are on the toros and exmarks, so if it is going to break on the world lawn one would also have to assume that it would break on the exmark.

And 3rd I'm saving way more than $1000 probably closer to $5000 or more over the comparable toro. Toro doesn't get into the 800 engines until the 5000 series, I just don't know the exact price. I saved $1000 plus got 70 extra cc's, 4 extra MPH, and a higher tip speed, and can hold nearly twice as much gas. And I can take that extra $1000 and buy a kawi online and put it on my husqvarna.

Other than the main drive components what could possibly break that would take more than an afternoon to repair? I've ran mowers with over 4000 hours on them and have installed new ignitions,clutches, spindles, and so on in the 7-11 parking lot while my guys ate lunch.

vegandude
06-26-2014, 12:46 AM
I would buy one if I had a dealer in my city. After getting screwed everyway possible on my american made quickie 32, I will no longer buy any mower brand that doesn't have a local dealer. Having a local dealer makes it easier to throttle someone when things go bad:D:D. My ford f150 is assembled in Canada from parts made all over the world. My Echos/Stihls/Poulans/Red Max/Husqvarna and various lawn mowers-scag,ariens,exmark all have parts made from all over the world and some are probably assembled in other countries.-MY MONEY/MY CHOICE. I will run what fits my budget and my needs. Who knows about what a 36 hydro costs-obviously worldlawn brand

TPendagast
06-26-2014, 02:08 AM
:laugh: I had to comment on this post, Toyota is Japanese and not a chinese.
Huge difference and very piss poor example in this semi china loving topic.
But you are correct about the Camry, 58% of it is made in the state of Ky and is one of the most American made cars on the road today, along with Honda and Subaru, but they are a far cry and nothing remotely close to chinese made junk.

I have spent the last 15 minutes looking at every photo I can find for this "king cobra" ztr and I can see designs and examples of almost all American manufactured mowers in it.
The reason you see this is happening and we have billy klinton to thank for this mess to begin with, klinton signed nafta in 1994 is what drove our companies out of this country.

Now this topic seems pretty split and my opinion if you are an American you need to buy American and prevent from spending one penny in china you can.
I just cannot figure why some of you are so proud to have bought this mower knowing it was made in china to save a few dollars and take a sale away from a American working in a plant here in America.
Me personally I pick up items and specifically look for things made in the USA and if it is more expensive for the same item made here or over there I will spend the extra money.

you know, besides your john deere all of your equipment you have listed in your signature comes from other than american owned companies, right?

Dodge isn't american owned anymore.
Ford is an international company with american origins.
GM being the only actual american pick up truck left…

You now that, right?

TPendagast
06-26-2014, 02:16 AM
I would buy one if I had a dealer in my city. After getting screwed everyway possible on my american made quickie 32, I will no longer buy any mower brand that doesn't have a local dealer. Having a local dealer makes it easier to throttle someone when things go bad:D:D. My ford f150 is assembled in Canada from parts made all over the world. My Echos/Stihls/Poulans/Red Max/Husqvarna and various lawn mowers-scag,ariens,exmark all have parts made from all over the world and some are probably assembled in other countries.-MY MONEY/MY CHOICE. I will run what fits my budget and my needs. Who knows about what a 36 hydro costs-obviously worldlawn brand

Scag and exmark aren't companies that are manufacturing/assembling all over the world?

they are american companies.

You have your choice of engines, you can get a kawasaki if you choose but Briggs (american) and Kohler (american) have also been choices,

Kawi seems the most popular, but's a choice, you don't have to get the japanese made motor.

I respect Snapper/Ferris greatly, IMO… if I were that company, the only engine on my mower would be a Briggs…. since briggs owns those mowers in the first place.

Nwatson99
06-26-2014, 02:42 AM
you know, besides your john deere all of your equipment you have listed in your signature comes from other than american owned companies, right?

Dodge isn't american owned anymore.
Ford is an international company with american origins.
GM being the only actual american pick up truck left…

You now that, right?

The facilities are here in the United States, employing Americans to build it so absolutely I know their origin.
Stihl / Germany
Honda / Japan
Husqvarna / Sweden.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-26-2014, 03:57 AM
First let me say that as far as lost revenue due to down time on my end is irrelevant. I'm in FL and we do year round flat rate contracts so unless I'm down for a week there is no revenue difference, and for that to happen every mower I have would have to crap out on the same day.

And secondly the primary components (engine, and hydros) that would need to break to shut the whole mower down are the same parts that are on the toros and exmarks, so if it is going to break on the world lawn one would also have to assume that it would break on the exmark.

And 3rd I'm saving way more than $1000 probably closer to $5000 or more over the comparable toro. Toro doesn't get into the 800 engines until the 5000 series, I just don't know the exact price. I saved $1000 plus got 70 extra cc's, 4 extra MPH, and a higher tip speed, and can hold nearly twice as much gas. And I can take that extra $1000 and buy a kawi online and put it on my husqvarna.

Other than the main drive components what could possibly break that would take more than an afternoon to repair? I've ran mowers with over 4000 hours on them and have installed new ignitions,clutches, spindles, and so on in the 7-11 parking lot while my guys ate lunch.

That makes sense when you compare apples to apples.
I don't know if you have a Gravely dealer in the area, but my dealer (Retrodog) here on LS can sell a Gravely 260 with Kohler efi for $8500. In this area the xf2 deck does a better job on StAug and Bermuda than a Toro or Exmark anyway. I run a 460 and pro turn 52. I've run Scag prior to the Gravelys for several years and Exmark before that. The Gravely is the same price savings as the World Lawn while still buying a US made product.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nwatson99
06-26-2014, 08:48 AM
That makes sense when you compare apples to apples.
I don't know if you have a Gravely dealer in the area, but my dealer (Retrodog) here on LS can sell a Gravely 260 with Kohler efi for $8500. In this area the xf2 deck does a better job on StAug and Bermuda than a Toro or Exmark anyway. I run a 460 and pro turn 52. I've run Scag prior to the Gravelys for several years and Exmark before that. The Gravely is the same price savings as the World Lawn while still buying a US made product.
Posted via Mobile Device

You really think some of these so called companies and people care?
This is why our Country is slipping down into the sewers deeper and deeper, people like the one you have quoted and his buddy with the avatar sucking its face.
I wonder if they are even American, with they way they are supporting china makes a person wonder if they are still wet.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
This is why our Country is slipping down into the sewers deeper and deeper, people like the one you have quoted and his buddy with the avatar sucking its face.
I wonder if they are even American, with they way they are supporting china makes a person wonder if they are still wet.

They could be. Probably voted for Obama also if they had Voters reg card.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mrhiggins
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=LibertyFarmLandscaping;5065248]They could be. Probably voted for Obama also if they had Voters reg card.QUOTE]

So, how many years did you spend in the U.S. military. Four years for me. So I'm Un-American now because I bought a lawn mower made in Nebraska by Americans? The engine, hydros etc. are made here in the U.S. From what I have read about Worldlawn in their press releases, their intention is to build all of their lawn mowers in Nebraska for domestic and foreign consumption. Since the mowers have contained so much American content it is cheaper to build them here and save on all the shipping cost. That info from the Beatrice, NE. paper.
I originally was going to buy a Hustler one/plus, it was the same price with a longer warranty although the deck was 11Ga. instead of 7Ga. The Hydros were not the heavy duty Hydro-gear. I wanted to do the 48 month interest free finance available on most mowers. It was about 3pm and the dealer says I'll get my secretary to get it authorized and will call you later today. Well guess what, he never called me back. So I went back to the Worldlawn dealer I had visited a few days before and told him I would buy the King Cobra. He personally called the finance and got approval in about 2 minutes, delivered the mower the next morning at 9am.
As far as the other brands comparable models, I looked at Skag, ExMark ($2,500 more)and Gravely ($1,000 more for the 260)also. The King Cobra seems more comparable to the Gravely 400 series.
So far I am very impressed, it cuts beautifully. It had been very wet here and I had some foot tall grass at the back of my property. No problem and it never slowed the mower down. It is so fast I cut my mowing time by 1/3rd.
So I am very happy with my decision.

Richard Martin
06-27-2014, 05:14 PM
So I'm Un-American now because I bought a lawn mower made in Nebraska by Americans? The engine, hydros etc. are made here in the U.S. From what I have read about Worldlawn in their press releases, their intention is to build all of their lawn mowers in Nebraska for domestic and foreign consumption.

To use your own words...

None of this sounds like facts only guesses or speculations.

Richard Martin
06-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Here's some more info on the company that owns World Products:

" Currently the company owns more than 600 staff including 200 staff with associate degree or above, and a strong technical R&D team of 35 senior and medium technicians. After the development for the last several year, the company features the productivity for lawn mower of 600 thousand sets per year, and the main products are dozens of models such as home grass cutter, commercial gross cutter and various lawn mowers. The high brand image of World product has been established in China; the sales network of World product is perfecting in the world."

I'm just not thinking that this company will ever move to Beatrice Nebraska.

http://www.worldgroup.com.cn/english/aboutus/20081016161127.shtm

Mrhiggins
06-27-2014, 06:13 PM
To use your own words...
None of this sounds like facts only guesses or speculations.

I really don't understand your reply. I stated FACTS as to the reason I purchased the King Cobra. Also is a FACT it is "made in Beatrice, NE. U.S.A." or so the sticker on it says,(maybe some parts made in China or other places, heck, my GMC has parts made in China). FACT the TZ5400 Hydro-rears are "Made in U.S.A", FACT the Kaw engine says "assembled in U.S.A". I also stated Worldlawns ambitions which I read on-line at www.greenindustrypros.com from an article dated 6/5/12. I have no reason to believe they are lying.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-27-2014, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=LibertyFarmLandscaping;5065248]They could be. Probably voted for Obama also if they had Voters reg card.QUOTE]

So, how many years did you spend in the U.S. military. Four years for me. So I'm Un-American now because I bought a lawn mower made in Nebraska by Americans? The engine, hydros etc. are made here in the U.S. From what I have read about Worldlawn in their press releases, their intention is to build all of their lawn mowers in Nebraska for domestic and foreign consumption. Since the mowers have contained so much American content it is cheaper to build them here and save on all the shipping cost. That info from the Beatrice, NE. paper.
I originally was going to buy a Hustler one/plus, it was the same price with a longer warranty although the deck was 11Ga. instead of 7Ga. The Hydros were not the heavy duty Hydro-gear. I wanted to do the 48 month interest free finance available on most mowers. It was about 3pm and the dealer says I'll get my secretary to get it authorized and will call you later today. Well guess what, he never called me back. So I went back to the Worldlawn dealer I had visited a few days before and told him I would buy the King Cobra. He personally called the finance and got approval in about 2 minutes, delivered the mower the next morning at 9am.
As far as the other brands comparable models, I looked at Skag, ExMark ($2,500 more)and Gravely ($1,000 more for the 260)also. The King Cobra seems more comparable to the Gravely 400 series.
So far I am very impressed, it cuts beautifully. It had been very wet here and I had some foot tall grass at the back of my property. No problem and it never slowed the mower down. It is so fast I cut my mowing time by 1/3rd.
So I am very happy with my decision.

No military for me. Went straight to college. Thanks for your service.

Glad you like your mower, but I wouldn't compare it to a Gravely 460. The true air ride seat with compressor and rubber isolaters that let it float side/side, forward/backward is what sets this mower apart from others. To me the only thing that rides more comfortable is a Ferris 3100.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mrhiggins
06-27-2014, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Mrhiggins;5066025]

No military for me. Went straight to college. Thanks for your service.

Glad you like your mower, but I wouldn't compare it to a Gravely 460. The true air ride seat with compressor and rubber isolaters that let it float side/side, forward/backward is what sets this mower apart from others. To me the only thing that rides more comfortable is a Ferris 3100.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are welcome, it was my pleasure. ....The Gravely 460 was over $2,500 more. I only mow my 5 acre property and some rentals I have, so i didn't feel it was worth the money for a Gravely, even the 260 at $1,000 more. I also would not have bought the Worldlawn if it had been made in China, but as so many other products, it is a foreign owner of an American made product. Budweiser, Chrysler, Nestles, etc.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=LibertyFarmLandscaping;5066105]

You are welcome, it was my pleasure. ....The Gravely 460 was over $2,500 more. I only mow my 5 acre property and some rentals I have, so i didn't feel it was worth the money for a Gravely, even the 260 at $1,000 more. I also would not have bought the Worldlawn if it had been made in China, but as so many other products, it is a foreign owner of an American made product. Budweiser, Chrysler, Nestles, etc.

Makes sense. I put 600 to 800 hrs per yr on my bigger mower so a good ride is very important.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
06-27-2014, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Mrhiggins;5066128]

Makes sense. I put 600 to 800 hrs per yr on my bigger mower so a good ride is very important.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should try out the Puffer, my man. :dancing:

vegandude
06-27-2014, 11:17 PM

My face is contorting in pain at the thought of you as a representative of a real american. Please tell me just what that means. Instead of going after the politicians that keep knocking down our laws that protect our country all in the name of greed, you go after the people who make the best of the garbage we're served. Like it or not-Worldlawn has a factory in America employing Americans that apparently you want put out of work just so you can unbind your panties. A little research netted me the fact that Smithfield foods(pork producer) is also chinese owned and so is the AMC movie theater chain and Morgan stanley finance group and the Devon gas and oil company. The list goes on and on. Please go after the people that can actually stop this or is that to much for you. My research also netted me the fact that Ford Motor of Canada is chinese owned as of 2005. Your mentality is what's wrong. If you want change-go after the people who are creating the problem.

Richard Martin
06-28-2014, 02:19 PM
If you want change-go after the people who are creating the problem.

I do but the rest of you morons keep electing trash into office. Since that strategy isn't working, I'm concentrating on keeping Chinese commie mowers out of the market place.

BTW, I was born 13 years after the end of WWII. I had a lot of WWII veterans telling me all about it. My grandfather's favorite story was when he was operating a bulldozer and he would take the dozer and bury the Jap soldiers alive in their caves. He also lost most of his hearing in Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

I am fiercely loyal to this nation and the American flag. :usflag: I will do whatever I have to in order to protect jobs for Americans and try to keep US Dollars at home where they belong. If that includes letting a couple of dozen people go in Beatrice NE, so the tide of commie crap stops flowing to our shores, then that is what is required. Other American jobs will be created to take up the slack so it will be a net gain in the end. :usflag:

TPendagast
06-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I do but the rest of you morons keep electing trash into office. Since that strategy isn't working, I'm concentrating on keeping Chinese commie mowers out of the market place.

BTW, I was born 13 years after the end of WWII. I had a lot of WWII veterans telling me all about it. My grandfather's favorite story was when he was operating a bulldozer and he would take the dozer and bury the Jap soldiers alive in their caves. He also lost most of his hearing in Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

I am fiercely loyal to this nation and the American flag. :usflag: I will do whatever I have to in order to protect jobs for Americans and try to keep US Dollars at home where they belong. If that includes letting a couple of dozen people go in Beatrice NE, so the tide of commie crap stops flowing to our shores, then that is what is required. Other American jobs will be created to take up the slack so it will be a net gain in the end. :usflag:

So your grandfather lost most of his hearing BEFORE any fighting started, yet was fighting japanese as (I am presuming) a navy seabee in the pacific after an on going/permanent injury that would have precluded him from military service?

I typically find that people who are 'fiercely' loyal to the US and despise anything 'commie' as living on lies predicated by post ww2 era "America", such as hiding under your school table to protect yourself from nuclear attack and things like the grossly overstated Commie threat/red scare.

all the while ignoring the fact the commies were our allies in ww2 against the nazis and a japanese.

Yet GERMAN and JAPANESE products are the most highly thought of products in our economy?
Stihl, mercedes, Gehl?
Toyota?
Honda?
Mitsubishi?
KAWASAKI?

So what AMERICAN two cycle hand helds do the 'commie' haters use?

Richard Martin
06-28-2014, 03:41 PM
So your grandfather lost most of his hearing BEFORE any fighting started, yet was fighting japanese as (I am presuming) a navy seabee in the pacific after an on going/permanent injury that would have precluded him from military service?

Those were different days. It was an all hands on board effort and if you told them you could fight, they let you. Just ask any WWII fighting vet. There were 16.1 million Americans directly involved in WWII. There were tens of millions more that were indirectly involved. It wasn't like these puny little police actions that we "fight" now. I have every respect for those with a gun in their hands. War has become too political for us to win now.

Due to a lack of American made 2 strokes or handhelds, I buy the same foreign crap as anybody else. If there was a suitable replacement made in America by an American company, I would use it.

Aaronnc
06-28-2014, 06:24 PM
War has become too political for us to win now.

Thats funny. War stopped being political in the 1500's. It's financial. Wars cost $$$. Washington dreams it up, but without bankers paying for it, you'd be a duck paddling ferociously and going no where. If you think Washington controls our country, you've never overheard bankers having lunch on Wall Street. K street who is funded by wall street makes the Capital and the White House look like a day care center.

It's 2014. Not 1963. Get with the program and follow the $$$$. You'll never be able to fight it. Love ya Richard. *wink* Morehead City says hey to you Pitt Folks...... :drinkup:

Richard Martin
06-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Thats funny. War stopped being political in the 1500's. It's financial. Wars cost $$$. Washington dreams it up, but without bankers paying for it, you'd be a duck paddling ferociously and going no where. If you think Washington controls our country, you've never overheard bankers having lunch on Wall Street. K street who is funded by wall street makes the Capital and the White House look like a day care center.

It's 2014. Not 1963. Get with the program and follow the $$$$. You'll never be able to fight it. Love ya Richard. *wink* Morehead City says hey to you Pitt Folks...... :drinkup:

I know about the Bilderberg meetings and the House Of Rothschilds. That's not what I'm talking about. They worry too much about collateral damage and making sure they're 100% positive that they're striking the correct target. Tell the civilians to get out of the way or suffer the consequences. Just like we did to so many cities back in WWII. Burn them to the ground.

Highdi ho from Greenville. I got 5.5 inches of rain yesterday. How'd you do?

Bumpmaster
06-28-2014, 07:42 PM
I know about the Bilderberg meetings and the House Of Rothschilds. That's not what I'm talking about. They worry too much about collateral damage and making sure they're 100% positive that they're striking the correct target. Tell the civilians to get out of the way or suffer the consequences. Just like we did to so many cities back in WWII. Burn them to the ground.

Highdi ho from Greenville. I got 5.5 inches of rain yesterday. How'd you do?

Not wanting to hyjack the thread nor get off subject, but I think our Government at this time thinks that people do not have to work to achieve the good life. An with everyone having Obamacar we all will live forever!

pythons37
06-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Those were different days. It was an all hands on board effort and if you told them you could fight, they let you. Just ask any WWII fighting vet. There were 16.1 million Americans directly involved in WWII. There were tens of millions more that were indirectly involved. It wasn't like these puny little police actions that we "fight" now. I have every respect for those with a gun in their hands. War has become too political for us to win now.

Due to a lack of American made 2 strokes or handhelds, I buy the same foreign crap as anybody else. If there was a suitable replacement made in America by an American company, I would use it.

" All hands on DECK. "

vegandude
06-28-2014, 09:43 PM

So-you eat any commie pork today? Did you use any commie power in your house? Are any of your investments off in commie land? As I said- go after those who permitted it to happen and quit whining that you can't do anything about it. That mentality is why it happened in the first place.

echo
06-28-2014, 10:04 PM
So-you eat any commie pork today? Did you use any commie power in your house? Are any of your investments off in commie land? As I said- go after those who permitted it to happen and quit whining that you can't do anything about it. That mentality is why it happened in the first place.
^^^^^^
This.
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-28-2014, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=LibertyFarmLandscaping;5066139]

You should try out the Puffer, my man. :dancing:

Looks like it raises the seat up quite a bit making the center of gravity much higher?
Posted via Mobile Device

TPendagast
06-29-2014, 05:30 AM

your misinformed about ww2 being 'different days' those with medical issues we not allowed to fight.
Which is where the common term for police officers being called "flat foot" came from, It was a derogatory term aimed at the fact that they were not fit to fight (due to flat feet…a common 4F classification) and therefor became police officers instead (because all the fit men WERE fighting)
I know because all my uncles and Great uncles fought in WW2, I do stuff like ready history.
Flat feet, hearing loss, poor sight, scoliosis, and even TB, Polio,epilepsy, even if you didn't currently have issues from them, kept you from fighting.

Also certain professions (like farmer) kept you from being drafted.
The government did not simply empty out the country into europe and the pacific, any ore than any of the enemy governments did.

So, no… someone who lost the majority of their hearing in december 1941, wasn't burying japanese alive on guadalcanal or saipan in 43 or 44, he was state side, with what was referred to as a "million dollar wound", which meant it was not life threatening, or totally debilitating, but was enough to send you home permanently (hence the term as it was worth a 'million dollars'…un 'unattainable' amount of money at the time)

but the fact still remains, Germany and Japan were REAL enemies, Commies have always been IMAGINED enemies, who were ALLIES when we fought Germany/Japan…. so why all the illegitimate hate toward China?

as for american 2 cycle… buy mccolloch?

TPendagast
06-29-2014, 05:46 AM
oh and for the record, "Puny police actions"

The first AND Second Conflict with Iraq defeated the worlds Largest army (twice)…yes, that's right..the Iraq Army was the worlds largest, professional, experienced, combat ready army in the world.

The Global war on Terror is the longest war fought in US HISTORY with troops deployed in combat FAR LONGER than anything experienced by ww2 vets.

Current US Army soldiers (Not Rangers, Not SF, just regular soldiers) are by far the most well trained, longest trained and most professional military our country as ever known.

FAR surpassing anything WW2 vets could have dreamed of.

The average period of time WW2 vets were away from home was 2 years.
Average years of service was 2.5.
The AVERAGE american soldier on active duty today, has spent MORE time on PATROL outside the wire, than most ww2 spend on active duty totally.

Actual martial training and actual weapons on the ground (the people and weapons that do the killing) has not actually changed markedly since ww2. Machine guns, Tanks, howitzers, assault rifles, grenades all still amazingly the same.

The difference between then and now is, that the GERMANS were the better trained,better supplied, more modern, more professional army.

HOW did we win?

FDRs strategy was to flood the battlefield with crap, essentially.
Instead of matching german tech dollar for mark, we built crap, and lots of it.
We dominated the battle field with 5 sherman tanks for every panzer.
But comparatively, Shermans were crap.
Most of our planes were crap.

The doolittle raid was extremely famous for pulling off something like he did because he did it with a crappy plane.

Cheap, Inexpensive, and lots and lots OF them.

Sound familiar?
Maybe like The chinese stuff you claim is cheap and plentiful?

American stuff isn't any better than anyone else's stuff.

The only thing that is bigger and better is the American Ego and the American Tall tales.

DXN1EL
06-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Good reading

Bumpmaster
06-29-2014, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Bumpmaster;5066198]

Looks like it raises the seat up quite a bit making the center of gravity much higher?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thought that the first 30 hours or so but now after 80 hours I realize the mower is not top heavy an drives the same. My gas tank is under the seat so that might make up for the higher seat.

Nwatson99
06-29-2014, 11:14 AM
your misinformed about ww2 being 'different days' those with medical issues we not allowed to fight.
Which is where the common term for police officers being called "flat foot" came from, It was a derogatory term aimed at the fact that they were not fit to fight (due to flat feet…a common 4F classification) and therefor became police officers instead (because all the fit men WERE fighting)
I know because all my uncles and Great uncles fought in WW2, I do stuff like ready history.
Flat feet, hearing loss, poor sight, scoliosis, and even TB, Polio,epilepsy, even if you didn't currently have issues from them, kept you from fighting.

Also certain professions (like farmer) kept you from being drafted.
The government did not simply empty out the country into europe and the pacific, any ore than any of the enemy governments did.

So, no… someone who lost the majority of their hearing in december 1941, wasn't burying japanese alive on guadalcanal or saipan in 43 or 44, he was state side, with what was referred to as a "million dollar wound", which meant it was not life threatening, or totally debilitating, but was enough to send you home permanently (hence the term as it was worth a 'million dollars'…un 'unattainable' amount of money at the time)

but the fact still remains, Germany and Japan were REAL enemies, Commies have always been IMAGINED enemies, who were ALLIES when we fought Germany/Japan…. so why all the illegitimate hate toward China?

as for american 2 cycle… buy mccolloch?

oh and for the record, "Puny police actions"

The first AND Second Conflict with Iraq defeated the worlds Largest army (twice)…yes, that's right..the Iraq Army was the worlds largest, professional, experienced, combat ready army in the world.

The Global war on Terror is the longest war fought in US HISTORY with troops deployed in combat FAR LONGER than anything experienced by ww2 vets.

Current US Army soldiers (Not Rangers, Not SF, just regular soldiers) are by far the most well trained, longest trained and most professional military our country as ever known.

FAR surpassing anything WW2 vets could have dreamed of.

The average period of time WW2 vets were away from home was 2 years.
Average years of service was 2.5.
The AVERAGE american soldier on active duty today, has spent MORE time on PATROL outside the wire, than most ww2 spend on active duty totally.

Actual martial training and actual weapons on the ground (the people and weapons that do the killing) has not actually changed markedly since ww2. Machine guns, Tanks, howitzers, assault rifles, grenades all still amazingly the same.

The difference between then and now is, that the GERMANS were the better trained,better supplied, more modern, more professional army.

HOW did we win?

FDRs strategy was to flood the battlefield with crap, essentially.
Instead of matching german tech dollar for mark, we built crap, and lots of it.
We dominated the battle field with 5 sherman tanks for every panzer.
But comparatively, Shermans were crap.
Most of our planes were crap.

The doolittle raid was extremely famous for pulling off something like he did because he did it with a crappy plane.

Cheap, Inexpensive, and lots and lots OF them.

Sound familiar?
Maybe like The chinese stuff you claim is cheap and plentiful?

American stuff isn't any better than anyone else's stuff.

The only thing that is bigger and better is the American Ego and the American Tall tales.

There are so many holes of bullshat in these two posts, if your posts were a boat on the Bering Sea you would be at the bottom of it now.

You and your china loving buddy are making yourselves look even dumber, anyone that would praise chinese made items over American are both, oh never mind ignorance is not worth fighting nor can you heal it.

Edit to add: Why don't you move to china since you love and defend it so well, see how your life in Ak fairs to living over there, I bet you would not even consider spouting your BS about china and American made stuff after a little time over there.

TPendagast
06-29-2014, 12:44 PM
There are so many holes of bullshat in these two posts, if your posts were a boat on the Bering Sea you would be at the bottom of it now.

You and your china loving buddy are making yourselves look even dumber, anyone that would praise chinese made items over American are both, oh never mind ignorance is not worth fighting nor can you heal it.

Edit to add: Why don't you move to china since you love and defend it so well, see how your life in Ak fairs to living over there, I bet you would not even consider spouting your BS about china and American made stuff after a little time over there.

Never said I loved China anything.

I spent a Decade in the AMERICAN Military.

But the on going made up fabrications about blind loyalty to a lie is ridiculous.

Clinton sold mineral rights, land and resources to China. No one did anything about that, no one even barely SAID anything about it.

WHY are so many formerly "AMERICAN" companies IN China now??

TWO reasons.

1) Americans are widely known as a laziest, greediest work force in the world.
and
2) The American government is widely known as the LEAST friendly to big business. Restrictions/legislations, taxes, AND Bogus Litigations (theres a cookie plant near by where I live and the smell from the factory made my kid fat)

So… THAT's why all the Damn Businesses LEAVE!

MANY of these "chinese" businesses everyone is so busy hating or either OWNED by, RUN by, or heavenly INVESTED INTO some WHITE guy that speaks ENGLISH.

The american government you want to be so blindly loyal to has done nothing FOR you, OR THEM.

The government is almost solely populated by elitists who pass new legislation or 'interpret' existing laws to benefit their own personal investments and holdings.

Furthermore., most of what you THINK is american isn't.

Proud to own a dodge truck?
Not owned by americans any more.
and that goes for jeep too.

Ford's been an international company since the 90s.
much more of it's manufacturing and structural body are outside of the US than in.

everyone whines about GMs "chinese" cars, when they are the only one of the Big three that are still actually a predominately american car/truck maker.

Lets talk about landscaping trucks? Huh?

How long have landscapers been using and toting about IZUSU? Mitsubishi?? Hino?
All those lovely flat fronted cab overs… NOT American.

Like I said, "fiercely" loyal to a lie fed to you by the media, but it's more comfortable to not ask too many questions and just follow the other lemmings off the cliff.

The only sinking ship around is the American State.

and it's largely for the reasons above.

and you want to heckle some dude for buying a world lawn mower for 6-8 grand.
Not a Wuxia, Sing Ha, or Tang Su mower…. WORLD LAWN.
an International company based out of china.
(just like Stihl that's based out of germany and echo that's based out of japan)

LibertyFarmLandscaping
06-29-2014, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=LibertyFarmLandscaping;5066872]

Thought that the first 30 hours or so but now after 80 hours I realize the mower is not top heavy an drives the same. My gas tank is under the seat so that might make up for the higher seat.

Cool, does it give some side/side,forward/rear motion like the 460 or just up and down?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bumpmaster
06-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Just up an down. Comes with an air compressor so for the first few weeks was always changing the pressure, now I just pump it once a week or so.

vegandude
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Anyone have the 36 hydro. Does it cut well in damp grass and what blade options are available

LawnMowerKing10
06-29-2014, 10:05 PM
I have the 36 inch belt drive and I think it does a good job in thick wet grass. I know they offer standard blades and Gators. I am sure you could find others online somewhere.

vegandude
06-29-2014, 10:18 PM
I have the 36 inch belt drive and I think it does a good job in thick wet grass. I know they offer standard blades and Gators. I am sure you could find others online somewhere.

I know i'm setting myself up here but, I assume that the deck on a belt would cut the same as a hydro unless it's a floater. Do you know if the standard blade is a hi-lift. The grass here gets so thick that a standard lift doesn't always work and alot of times the gators are not good enough for bagging heavy grass.

DXN1EL
06-29-2014, 10:18 PM
The 36" hydro is an offset deck. Maybe you can run any 18" blades?

vegandude
06-29-2014, 10:26 PM
The 36" hydro is an offset deck. Maybe you can run any 18" blades?

that would be nice

DXN1EL
06-29-2014, 10:28 PM
I confirm
Looking at the parts manual part 363291
Length: 18"
Width: 2.5"
Thickness: .250"
Center Hole: 5/8"
Side Holes: 1/4"
http://www.amazon.com/Worldlawn-363291-823004-Commercial-Mower/dp/B00K33SC1S

dstifel
06-29-2014, 10:36 PM
As far as I know all commercial mowers I looked at this spring had high lift blades sure if you told dealer you wanted them he would help ya out
Posted via Mobile Device

vegandude
06-29-2014, 10:37 PM
sounds just like the scag 18" blade

Richard Martin
06-30-2014, 11:45 AM

You'd have to take that up with my dearly departed grandfather. I believe him. He was there.

TPendagast
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
You'd have to take that up with my dearly departed grandfather. I believe him. He was there.

It's likely he was there, and his hearing wasn't actually as bad as he recalls in 42-45.

The vast majority of my service related injuries have gotten worse with time. (except for one that got better, don't ask me how that got better, but it seems that it has)

I expect to be legally blind by the time I'm in my late 50s.
did the injury occur during service? yes. But didn't preclude me from continuing service.
I had an M1 fire it's cannon not far behind me (maybe 35-50 meters) the chock wave knocked the wind out of me and made my ear drums bleed.
Later, My ear drum on the right ear bled again from firing two TOW missiles in relatively quick succession.
I always passed annual hearing exams back then.
Now, you can walk up on my right side from behind and startle the heck of me, because I can't hear you approach.

Service related injury?
Undoubtedly.

But it certainly wasn't as bad then as it is now.

If it tell this story when Im 70, it will be like telling it 500 times, so Ill probably just shorten it to, "I lost my hearing in Desert Storm, Lost my sight in Africa, and ETS'd from the Army just after 9/11" and people will be like huh?? How did a deaf blind guy serve in the army for years?

That's just the reality of 70 year old men, telling the story for the 499th time, 45 years after it happened.

grassmonkey0311
07-01-2014, 07:38 AM
It's likely he was there, and his hearing wasn't actually as bad as he recalls in 42-45.

The vast majority of my service related injuries have gotten worse with time. (except for one that got better, don't ask me how that got better, but it seems that it has)

I expect to be legally blind by the time I'm in my late 50s.
did the injury occur during service? yes. But didn't preclude me from continuing service.
I had an M1 fire it's cannon not far behind me (maybe 35-50 meters) the chock wave knocked the wind out of me and made my ear drums bleed.
Later, My ear drum on the right ear bled again from firing two TOW missiles in relatively quick succession.
I always passed annual hearing exams back then.
Now, you can walk up on my right side from behind and startle the heck of me, because I can't hear you approach.

Service related injury?
Undoubtedly.

But it certainly wasn't as bad then as it is now.

If it tell this story when Im 70, it will be like telling it 500 times, so Ill probably just shorten it to, "I lost my hearing in Desert Storm, Lost my sight in Africa, and ETS'd from the Army just after 9/11" and people will be like huh?? How did a deaf blind guy serve in the army for years?

That's just the reality of 70 year old men, telling the story for the 499th time, 45 years after it happened.

Not sure how it was back then, but if it's anything like it is now, theres waivers for everything.

No high school diploma? No problem!
Colorblind? No problem!

As long as you can sign on the dotted line when *they need you*, then your good to go!

As far as your ears bleeding...well...I think you have some weak ear drums. I've had far worse and my friends have had far worse, ours never bled. Just out of curiousity, have you seen combat? And being deployed to a combat zone isn't actual combat.

Bumpmaster
07-29-2014, 10:20 PM
This mower rocks! NUFF SAID.

TPendagast
07-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Not sure how it was back then, but if it's anything like it is now, theres waivers for everything.

Colorblind? No problem!

As long as you can sign on the dotted line when *they need you*, then your good to go!

As far as your ears bleeding...well...I think you have some weak ear drums. I've had far worse and my friends have had far worse, ours never bled. Just out of curiousity, have you seen combat? And being deployed to a combat zone isn't actual combat.

Have I seen combat?
That's kinda of a dumb question.
Yes.
On multiple continents.

We didn't have taco bell and starbucks in the TOC when I did my service either…so lets not get "high speed" before we start matching up service records.

Mrhiggins
07-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Here is a list of just some of the USA made parts used in the King Cobra. This mower cuts beautiful and can run at 12mph. I just got another set of blades for it and they are the same as Exmark, so pretty cheap.

Patriot Services
07-30-2014, 01:19 PM

Colorblind? No problem!

Not anymore. Soon the total active force will be its smallest post WW2. Guys with 15 years active are being denied re ups. All branches will be taking only the best. Meaning high grades, no health issues, no criminals. Everything is being cut back. The biggest debacle will be the F35 that will never be what they try to make it be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chilehead
08-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Worldlawn mower owners.....could you please post some pics of the underside of the deck. I am interested in seeing how the baffles are arranged. Thanks.

Richard Martin
08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Here is a list of just some of the USA made parts used in the King Cobra. This mower cuts beautiful and can run at 12mph. I just got another set of blades for it and they are the same as Exmark, so pretty cheap.

Now all they have to do is manufacture the steel in the US and I'll shut up.

LawnMowerKing10
09-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Here are some stripes and a cut quality pic. World Lawn 36 inch belt drive. Blades are somewhat dull.

Mrhiggins
09-23-2014, 07:35 PM
I couldn't be happier with my King Cobra. My yard is mostly not grass, can't water 5 acres so whatever grows I keep it cut.

LawnMowerKing10
09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Ive got 300+ hours on my walk behind and its still in great shape. Only replaced one drive belt and then general maint. Im seeing more and more World Lawn on trailers around me.

HenryB
09-23-2014, 08:51 PM
I think Scag, Exmark, Deere etc should really check their prices. There are a lot of options out there not just foreign companies but american ones as well, offering nice ZTR's for a lot less money. Husqvarna, Snapper Pro even Bobcat Badboy etc.

Acres
09-24-2014, 12:22 AM
I love my 52 stand on venom. second season w it and the thing is a nimble rocket perfect for mow and go's. Have only had to change out the hydro drive belt. showed up in my driveway last season on a shipping crate, bought blind, online. 3 year warranty to boot.

StanWilhite
09-24-2014, 02:19 AM
I think Scag, Exmark, Deere etc should really check their prices. There are a lot of options out there not just foreign companies but american ones as well, offering nice ZTR's for a lot less money. Husqvarna, Snapper Pro even Bobcat Badboy etc.

Because I buy commercial quality eqp and normally keep it for 20 or 30 years or longer, (I kept my last main mower for 32 years), I do an exhaustive amount of research before I buy. So I've been saying for years the same thing you're saying now. It's no longer a situation where there is only a hand full of quality brands to choose from.

People buy what they buy for their own personal reasons but, in my opinion, anyone that would argue that there's not a lot of different brands on the market that are professional/commercial grade eqp, just hasn't looked around. And, some of that eqp (even some brands made right here in the US) is priced much more favorably than some of the older, more established brands.

So.....to each his own! We're all free to buy what we think is the best for us personally.
:drinkup:

Mrhiggins
09-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I visited dealers for a week and checked out Scag, Exmark, Hustler and Gravely. The King Cobra was $2000 cheaper and equal or better quality. I didn't bother looking at Cub Cadet as 10 years ago I bought a Cub diesel sub-compact tractor that was such a POS, everytime I used it somethimg would break.

The Don'z
10-17-2014, 10:40 PM
My personal preference is my 2011 Dixie Chopper Classic 60", just like how it handles and mows

Mrhiggins
10-20-2014, 10:05 AM
There are a lot of good mowers out there. My first choice would actually be a Walker front mount but at nearly double the cost of a King Cobra, I could not justify or afford the cost. I have a White Outdoors front mount 52" (same as an Ingersoll Grazer) that I bought in 1989 and still use it to mow ditches, so I love the front mount mowers. It is getting old and needs a lot of maintenance so I needed a new mower. The King Cobra was by far the best value.

rogerdodger
10-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Have you guys heard of the World Economy? Who do you think holds most of the USA debt? The President of the USA and the present situation we are in?
THIS IS NOT THE AMERICA I GREW UP IN!!!! The DEMs are out for themselves , the REPUL are out for themselves. Have you heard of the EPA? They, yes I say they are ruling and regulating us out of freedom and existance. But who is looking out for you??

I look out for myself. If I can get a good deal I take it. I dont think about the USA per say. I love the USA, fought and bled for it and would die for HER. And problally will in the near future. But for now, I am trying to make a living and getting a good price is important. Hello Harbor Freight. Cheap tools yes, but when it breaks or wears out I just go get another.

My ZTR cost more than the truck that pulls it. Why?:usflag: