PDA

View Full Version : Scag Drag

A Cut Above Lawn Care
06-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I love my new Turf Tiger. The machine is long...I have a four foot gate and have been stuck in mid-air with no rubber on the ground. The rear seems to hang on stuff when angled a certain way. I turned my hitch upside down to angle the trailer more, but only helped a bit. It still catches, the deck does not hit at all, but the rear end catches and scratches the crap out of the plate on bottom. Any way to fix this?

M.M.A. Mowing
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Temporary solution....raise you jack up as far as you can on the trailer, that's how we get our T.T. on the little trailer at my full time job.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShooterK2
06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I use the same method to get my ZTR off my 16 ft. trailer. It hangs up on the spindles if I don't jack up the front.

Nickcon404
06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Try to extend your gate another foot. I just bought a new Big Tex with a 5' gate and it is a big difference. I still scrap once and a while if the angle is too steep. You can also try to put a 4x4 under the bottom of the gate to reduce the angle. The TT should be able to go over it. Good luck.

Pennington Lawncare
06-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Yep, you need a longer tailgate one way or the other. Extend the one you have or get another one made that is long enough.

FastMan
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
In the meantime, how about laying a couple 4 foot 2x12's under the ramp, so you drive up on them first, then onto the ramp. If that doesn't do it, add another, stepped up. Just thinking off the top of my head for you, suggesting what I'd try to get me to work until I could get the trailer modified.

BTW, I too have a 4 foot gate on my trailer, and have hauled a turf tiger on it. No problems getting on/off. My trailer floor sits level, 17 inches off the ground.

tacoma200
06-23-2010, 12:08 AM
You just need an adjustable ball mount. They come in handy and easily adjust to what ever type trailer you are towing. Yes, a longer gate would help but a higher ball will lower the back of the trailer and you shouldn't have much problem. Just turning a regular mount may not add enough height. Scags are low in the back and can drag, but since adding the adjustable mount and raising the ball it has worked perfectly. Good luck.