PDA

View Full Version : holiday lights

Rons lawn care
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I am thinking about going with holiday bright lights out of omaha ,I have been putting up lights for five years without working with a lighting company.
I am looking for help with marketing and product supply.
what do you guys think of holiday bright light .
I was trained with christmas decor 10 years ago.

turf hokie
06-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Ron

PM me if you dont mind

Bryan

David Gretzmier
06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Ron, I have looked at the big 3, Decor, Brite ideas, and HBL. I have owned Brite Ideas and HBL, and almost purchased Decor. HBL has been my supplier for the past 5 years or so, is my current supplier, and I am happy with them. you will not get the volume of training you are used to with Decor, but you will get an incredible selection of product that gets you jobs. Call mike at HBL and have a conversation with him. He is friendly, knowledgable, and honest. HBL is not without flaws, as I have stated here on various threads, but as of 2010 they are the best in many ways.

Rons lawn care
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
What i am primarily looking for is marketing help,customer lists and quality supplies and new ideas. I am hoping that product costs will be similar to or less than companies that our only selling product and not offering support.
I am intrigued by holiday brite lights computer softwear.
THANKS, Ron

addictedtolandscaping
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Ron I joined the ranks of HBL last year, and truthfully, without a moment of regret. I did tons of research, then settled into the community here, and after speaking with the big three, researching their products, actually going to the HBL training seminar and stopping at Brite Ideas while I was there I am over joyed with HBL. The regular people on here, Dave, Bryan, Hot Rod, Stacy are tremendous help and support with suggestions, ideas etc, and then every now and again Mike will pop up with suggestions also, he is never more than a phone call away.

The HBL marketing program was unique to me. They offer a direct mail service that is distributed three times during the season, it is narrowed down according to zip codes you choose and the demo graphics which you choose, it even gets further customized according to your specifications with regard to how many pieces you want to distribute. As for supports, in all the years of landscaping I have, I never would have dreamt of the support I have received from HBL. Each and every time something popped up, which I might add was not an extraordinary amount, I dialed the number, or sent an email and they were right there for me, even the first time I reached out which was a Sunday afternoon, imagine my surprise when I expected to leave a voice mail, then Stacy answered the phone and 30 seconds later I was talking to Mike, with his guidance, we got through the obstacle we were dialing with, on a Sunday, still hard to believe. I had a customer order a couple trees, the order caught Mike's eye when it came through, he called me to verify the presentation, suggested a different product - which I might add was less money, I contacted my customer and ok'd the change - disaster was completely avoided.

Even this year, I have spoken with Mike on numerous occasions, unfortunately I depend largely on the construction industry here in NY and do gov't subsidized work and the so called gov't still has yet to pass a budget, as a result I can not go out to the convention this year, disappointing because I was looking for ward to meeting some of the people that are on here and have helped me out so much, and chomping at the bit so to speak to see the new lines for this year.

I guess to sum it up, as you can see I am an advocate for HBL. My experience with them has been second to none, I have made phone calls and had available inventory checked right from the customers home, had suggestions on displays as noted above made and disaster averted, suggestions made for installation due to some major wind issues here last year which I was handling lots of service calls for and the suggestions resolved the issues, advice on marketing techniques etc.

I brought this service to my area in NY, it had never been offered prior to my initiating it. I truly feel as I got a full package deal, awesome product, training, second to none support etc. I do not regret in the slightest signing up with HBL. I be happy to answer any questions you may have that I can, and I am sure that if I don;t have any the answers, and one I have mentioned above may and if they do will offer advice and suggestions. There are several on here that deal with HBL and Mike. In my opinion, Mike is not just in a sales position, he is more in a support position, he knows the product, knows the business and will help you any way he can to make money.

Good luck.