PDA

View Full Version : difference in blade "lifts"

grassmasterswilson
06-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I run a hustler in the spring/summer and switch over to a walker for leaves. what is the best lift type if I am just side discharging? Will it make a difference? What site is the best to find blades for Hustlers and other mowers?

gene gls
06-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I run a hustler in the spring/summer and switch over to a walker for leaves. what is the best lift type if I am just side discharging? Will it make a difference? What site is the best to find blades for Hustlers and other mowers?

Lift higth depends on your engin HP. Most standard blades have .800" of lift, and go up to 1.5" of lift. What is your HP and deck size? I have had good service from MowMore.com...............

grassmasterswilson
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
running a 25 hp and 54 in deck. hustler xr-7. i understand the lift. I'm currently running high lift blades and didn't know if a different lift would cut better if i'm only side discharging. Would a standard hi lift blade be best or would something else work better?

JohnBanks
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
hustler standard high lift are bull, the are maybe at best medium high. I am looking for something for more lift as we speak. My 737 wavy Hi-Lift blades were so much better...

TLS
07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Wow John???

Aside from the old Super High lifts (like a billboard) from SCAG that took a LOT of power, the new High Lift Fusions for at least the 60" Hustler are VERY impressive for lift hieght, and length. Your 31 has the power to spin them too. My 28 EFI struggles with them, but it does make the deck cut somewhat decently.

StihlBR600
07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Ok maybe i should clarify something. Hi-lift blades are called Hi-Lift for a reason. They create more suction and life the blades of grass up before they cut the grass, this leaves a cleaner cut. Hi-Lift blades also discharge better

stevesmowing
09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the high lift fusions?

TLS
09-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the high lift fusions?

For what mower? What size? Solid foil or notched? Oregon has a website with lookup numbers on it.

KathysLGC
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I know knowing about hustled mosses but with exmark i like standard or low lift blades for leaves. Most of the time we've gone over dry leaves so we never needed high lift blades for them and we had little to no blow out. I've ordered blades from j-thomas.
Posted via Mobile Device

KathysLGC
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Whoops i meant hustler mowers. Spell check on my phone put mosses. LoL
Posted via Mobile Device

Maple Wood
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I run mulch blades with the mulch kit on my xr7. This is how it worked
on one yard.
Pulled in with the walker on leaves. Bagged about 1/6 of the yard and had a full trailer. I thought this will take me forever so I went and bought the mulch kit from hustler. I mulched 1 time and then bagged. the 5/6 of the yard fit in one bin on the walker.

Side by side on light leaves you can not tell the difference between the walker and the mulch kit. The walkers is a must in heavy leaves.

The mulch blades are wavy with 2 cutting heights and very little lift.

StihlBR600
09-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I run gator blades in the fall because they chop up the leaves a lot more than the standard high lifts and they still have good suction for bagging.