PDA

View Full Version : Help with creek mowing. (with picture)

KPW LawnCare
06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Alrigt guys so heres my problem. This is one of my houses I mow, I started working for him last winter building a rock wall with him. Then he wanted me to give him a quote to mow so I did. I got the yard and what not and everything was good.

But now here is my problem.I mow everything in the yellow and trim the bank which is in the red every week both sides. Well it started out with me just trimming the side closest to the house, then he wanted both so I did that. It ended up being a good hour to two hours for just the bank. So he told me to do half of both side one week and then the oher half of the rest the next.

Worked out good. the far side by the gravel driveway is so steep you cant even hardly stand. Last week he just had me trim the band so I did that and around the house but only half of the bank because thats what I always do. I get a call today that I didnt do it all. Do you think its fair to say that maybe trim it once a month since its 95 degrees out and hasnt rained for 2 weeks. Or what do I say. Its starting to become some bs doing it every week and just trimming durt.

Help me out and tell me what u think. Any better way to do it.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1092/4724937725_eaa17e7a16_b.jpg

deere-man
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I would definitely consider trying to talk the guy into letting you do it once a month or at least every two weeks. If it is dry and considering the hot conditions, once a month is the way to go. There is no reason you should have to do all of that every week. Maybe just do what is closest to the house once a week and the rest once a month. Good luck though. Don't over-heat.

STIHL GUY
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
if hes willing to pay for it to be trimmed every week i would do it

FastMan
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
if hes willing to pay for it to be trimmed every week i would do it

Ditto.

----------------------------

KPW LawnCare
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
He says that it looks bad if not trimmed every week but with it being hot i skipped a week and it was fine. And I thought it was bad if you basically trimmed all of the growth from a creek I thought the growth keeps the soil intact.

delphied
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Did you bid all that trimming or is he adding work as you go for no more money? If so, you give him the new estimate or quit.

rain man
06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
it started out...then he wanted...

Sounds familiar.

Make sure your compensation matches (or exceeds) your obligation. If he is not compensating you for the additional obligation then you are only bound to the original agreement (no matter the reason for the lack of compensation).

If he is paying you extra for the extra work then I would finish out the year at least, based on principle. Good luck.

KPW LawnCare
06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Yea he said that trim it when it needs it and dosent have to be every week. But I guess in the spring he told me to do 1/2 one week and the other 1/2 the next. I am gonna try to talk him into having me do it probally once a month. No need to do it every week.

rain man
06-22-2010, 08:00 PM
The devil is in the details.

Darryl G
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I would do as much as you can for what you're getting paid. If he wants more, it's more money. Thats what I do. I think you need to take control here rather than letting him call all the shots.

KPW LawnCare
06-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I was fine with doing it all but now that its 95 degrees out i feel like i am gonna die doing it, and its also not good for it.