PDA

View Full Version : Using a company's equipment to mow bidding help

smcdowell47
06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I need some help on bidding a nursing home. They need someone to mow and trim their lot but have all the equipment needed to mow it. They have a Zero turn, 21'' mower, and trimmer that they want me to use. I'm not sure how to bid the property. I could use any advice offered. I have a relative who is in charge of maintenance there and have a good chance of getting it but don't want to over or under bid it. Using my own equipment I usually figure $50/ hr.
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenery
06-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I would not use their equipment and it would be priced the same way all other accounts are. Who's going to do the maintenance on their equipment if you do use it, who's going to fill the gas tank, sharpen blades, etc. What if you damage it or it breaks down? Sounds like a bad idea to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

MnGreen
06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
"I have a relative who is in charge of maintenance there and have a good chance of getting it but don't want to over or under bid it."

"They need someone to mow and trim their lot but have all the equipment"

Sounds to me like "maintenance" is looking for someone to do part of their duties.
You don't mention what size the area is and estimated time.
You are just going to get what ever "mow labor" is for the area.
I'm sure there is a "fixed" number they have from who has done it in the past years.
Bid does not seem applicable to the situation in my opinion.
Your costs/prices are not part of the equation, and your "labor" under your costs I'm sure are
far above what they will pay.

BINKY1902
06-22-2010, 09:12 PM
They should sell their equip. if they want to hire someone to do it. Sounds like they just want somebody to do it until they hire a groundskeeper. I wouldn't take a job like this.