PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Grasscape Inc
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
What's with this weather?

We've been bouncing off of record high temps and nearly record moisture in the last 100 year records for 2 months now, with no end in sight...

Last year was cold and rainy ALL summer.

Seen a significant amount of 90 degreee days with high humidity already and it only mid-June.

Farmers almanac has been highly inaccurate as far as I can tell....

Nearly everytime I turn on the weather a "normal" chart is shown and we're nowhere near it, high or low, or if we are, it's only for a day..

Would be nice to have some "normal, consistant" weeks thrown in once in a while, havn't really had one yet since early April..

Double cutting is getting old , as well as all of the extra trimming needed with all of this rain and sunlight....4 times the work, twice the heat....

Really hard to plan anything anymore for working schedule or otherwise, there seems to be no more "norm"....

:dizzy:

Grubrunner
06-22-2010, 11:27 PM
22 days straight with 95-degrees plus weather where I am..... and humid as balls!

JBNC
06-22-2010, 11:34 PM
22 days straight with 95-degrees plus weather where I am..... and humid as balls!

yup, this **** sucks!

and to top it off my AC compressor in my tahoe locked up last week, perfect timing.

HighGrass
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Weatherman seem to be worse at their job then they were 10 years ago.

I started mowing 3 1/2 weeks earlier this year.

When it got warm a few weeks ago, alot of lawns got brown like it was August.

I watched the path of a storm a few weeks ago. It came directly south. Not southwest, not southeast SOUTH! Never happens here.

95deg during the day, 55deg at night?

hmmmmmm....;)

TimsLawnCareVA
06-23-2010, 06:29 AM
It has been in the 90's for a week here and through the next week it is going to be the same with a few days around 100. We have not had a drop of rain for almost 2 weeks and starting to have to skip a week on some yards. Everything is turning brown and very dry. We need some rain BAD!

topsites
06-23-2010, 08:02 AM
yup, this **** sucks!

and to top it off my AC compressor in my tahoe locked up last week, perfect timing.

Last year I replaced the dryer / accumulator, and ALL of the o-rings.
Pounds and pounds of freon and oil (in my case PAG-100).

This year I got to replace the compressor and the condenser on my truck,
plus I pulled the evaporator just to find out that one's all right, put it back together.
Pounds and pounds of freon and oil.

It cost me.

Of course the re-manufactured compressor would HAVE to squiggle and squeak as it runs
but I am not pulling it all back apart again, the system is charged up.

POS, I'm pretty sure I've spent upwards of a thousand dollars or more just on the truck's a/c over the past 4 years.

But it's cold now.

redskinsfan34
06-23-2010, 08:18 AM
What's with this weather?

We've been bouncing off of record high temps and nearly record moisture in the last 100 year records for 2 months now, with no end in sight...

Last year was cold and rainy ALL summer.

Seen a significant amount of 90 degreee days with high humidity already and it only mid-June.

Farmers almanac has been highly inaccurate as far as I can tell....

Nearly everytime I turn on the weather a "normal" chart is shown and we're nowhere near it, high or low, or if we are, it's only for a day..

Would be nice to have some "normal, consistant" weeks thrown in once in a while, havn't really had one yet since early April..

Double cutting is getting old , as well as all of the extra trimming needed with all of this rain and sunlight....4 times the work, twice the heat....

Really hard to plan anything anymore for working schedule or otherwise, there seems to be no more "norm"....

:dizzy:

I knew this was coming when last summer it hardly ever got above 85 and then hardly any snow this winter. This will be a ***** of a summer and there will be all kinds of white, fluffy $$ falling from the sky this winter. Everything evens out, right?
:drinkup:

aplawnguy
06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
it seemed to me that we had a decent amount of snow this winter...at least for the downriver area

Grubrunner
06-23-2010, 07:28 PM

Make that 23.

Grasscape Inc
06-24-2010, 01:38 AM
more rain today

Nosmo
06-24-2010, 05:19 AM
It has been in the mid 90's and upper 90's here and with high humidity. The heat index has been in the 100's. When I stand up my pants start to drop because they weigh so much being soaked with sweat.

Nosmo