PDA

View Full Version : I just had to fire this cutomer

siclmn
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
You know the type, he fertlized the lawn all the time. You could not do more then 3 passes without empting the catcher. No way to mulch it, too wet and green. Would not let me use his yard waste dumpster because it filled it up and made it too heavy to roll to the street. The back yard was always locked with a padlock on the inside so if it rained on friday and I had to do it on saturday it was a phone call and sometimes he would say to wait until next week. Sometimes he forgot to unlock the gate on fridays. And he was a builder and I say was because most builders are out of work now. builder "prick" I am god you are my employe kind of guy. Just venting.

ShooterK2
06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds like you needed to get that off your chest. Be relieved that he's someone else's problem now.

Mowbizz
06-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Good riddance to that type of customer...

4 seasons lawn&land
06-22-2010, 10:51 PM
you know, builders really are like that. Ive noticed this too.

Dave does lawns
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I have the exact same situation. I even offered to buy new locks for the gates so we would both have a key and he said no, so I wait til he calls me and charge according the the length of the grass, he always pays so though.

corey4671
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
sounds like a prick customer I fired this spring. bad thing is that he's my next door neighbor. Couldn't understand that if it rained on Friday that I couldn't mow it on FRIDAY like he wanted. What a ******bag.

greendoctor
06-23-2010, 01:18 AM
No key, no service! That is a policy all of my customers read in black and white then sign. 2 have tested me on that within 45 days of each other, both fired.

jvanvliet
06-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Some customers are just not worth the agrevation; that was a great move you made.

Had one with two Rotweilers leaving bombs in a back yard with a gate too narrow to get the walkbehind through, and it had the be weedwacked. Not a large backyard but huge bombs. Asked her to pick up the bombs or we could'nt do the back yard. She said OK but didn't so we didn't and then she started to try and cut my check short.

I said this isn't working, you'll need to get somebody else.

topsites
06-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I don't blame you guys, I don't like playing these games either.