PDA

View Full Version : 4 cycle trimmers-robin bh2500 or husqvarna 224l

tpechar
06-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Robin bh2500 or husqvarna 224l
trying to choose between the two for good, lightweight(11.5 lbs.) , reliable, long-lasting, good starting, good feed system 4-cycle trimmer. Opinions and recommendations are invited.

Alan0354
06-23-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't know about Robin. Robin is the same as Makita also, there are a lot of good comments on them.

I know Husky 324 use Honda GX25 engine. That is second to none. I have two Honda engine equipments, very easy to start, very quiet and very very smooth. I have the 31cc Honda trimmer, it is so smooth that when I first bought the Shindaiwa M242, I thought something was wrong with it because it vibrate so much. I have the Mantis with the GX25 engine and it's very powerful. Also you have more cutting head option with Husky.

Bottom line, I think both are good, I just think you have more option on attachment with Husqvarna. Both are very light, no other 4 cycle trimmer can come close to this weight.

As for me, I would like to buy the Husqvarna 326Ls if I can con my wife that I need a forth trimmer while I have two hanging on the wall!!!:laugh::laugh: That's just me. It is a 2 cycle which don't sounds like you are interested.